Nutrition and weight gain

Options
If I'm eating around 1200 calories but some parts of the nutritional breakdown (sugar etc) are slightly higher than the amount MFP has set for me does it mean I will still lose weight? Just curious as I can never get the values spot on everyday.

Replies

• Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    If I'm eating around 1200 calories but some parts of the nutritional breakdown (sugar etc) are slightly higher than the amount MFP has set for me does it mean I will still lose weight? Just curious as I can never get the values spot on everyday.

I am on 1200 calories per day and because it is not a high amount of daily calories, it is absolutely crucial that everything you consume is nutritional.

Personally, I do not touch sweets, cakes, biscuits or chocolate and any desserts I have will be fruit (most likely oranges, those on my friends' list will know what I am on about pmsl).

Every, single morsel counts on a 1200 calories per day diet. My sugar level? I do not track it because I eat four or more oranges per day, I know it is way over the MFP sugar levels and I would worry if it were due to cakes or refined sugars, but as it is fruit, I leave it, it hasn't scuppered my weightloss so far and never has in the past.

OP just ensure all foods you consume are nutritional and you have plenty of protein, it really is very important for your health when on this amount x
  • sec2011
    Options
    I don't eat cakes, the only time I could be having sugar is through fruit or yogurts - low fat ones. I'm losing weight and hitting my target every week, but just wondered if it would hinder me being a fraction over sometimes on that side of things.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    You may be too tall and active for 1200 calories.

How tall are you and whats your body fat%?
  • sec2011
    Options
    I'm 5ft 7". Not sure about the body fat, will let you know. I'm not the most active person - I do Zumba once a week then use my exercise bike 3 times a week. My job has me at a desk all day.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I don't eat cakes, the only time I could be having sugar is through fruit or yogurts - low fat ones. I'm losing weight and hitting my target every week, but just wondered if it would hinder me being a fraction over sometimes on that side of things.

No, I am over my sugar all the time (due to fruit) it seems fine.

The only one I tend to keep my eye on and try to not go over is carbs.