What do you think?

Options
What are your thoughts on LOWER carb lifestyles?

If you tried, what were your results? How did you start out cutting carbs? What are your limits?

My manager at my job has been on a lower carb lifetsyle for a while and she's lost a great amount of weight in doing so. She does a pretty awesome job of keeping herself on track (although allowing herself to cheat every now and then.) Im really thinking about taking on this kind of lifestyle. I'm a carb lover, so I'm definitely not going to cut out carbs entirely, but eat less of it.

Replies

• mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    The brain functions on one thing: glucose. Where does the body get glucose from? Carbohydrates. So if you want to starve your brain go ahead. Carbohydrates are not bad. processed refined carbs, maybe... whole grains, brown rice, quinoa, sweet potatos. Not bad. All part of a healthy diet!
  • BrayyNicole
    BrayyNicole Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    The brain functions on one thing: glucose. Where does the body get glucose from? Carbohydrates. So if you want to starve your brain go ahead. Carbohydrates are not bad. processed refined carbs, maybe... whole grains, brown rice, quinoa, sweet potatos. Not bad. All part of a healthy diet!

Notice my emphasis on LOWER carbs... Im not cutting out carbs entirely. And I'm most certainly not going to be 'starving' my brain.
  • emilyr5481
    emilyr5481 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Depends on the carbs; for example fruit such as apples have complex carbohydrates which are good for you. Food such as a Big Mac has starchy carbs that are bad for you. Get it? I doubt your co-worker is fully blown Atkins or zero carbs at all. Whole grain pasta, rice..etc..sounds like you know what to do. :-) I also recommend eating all your carbs before noon (wheat toast, apple, whole grain rice/pasta at lunch); then from lunch time on make the rest of your meals/snacks 100% protein. Turkey burger sans bun on a bed of lettuce or fish and veggies only for dinner. You will do FAB....keep us updated! Get it girl!