Senseless shootings

Options
poedunk65
poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
I don't know how many of you have seen the recent High School shootings in Chardon, OH.
I live near there and it is really tough to see kids killing kids. I seriously hope this wakes up alot of parents and mskes adults relize how much affect they have on these young minds. Kids DO foolow us as examples of what is right.
It makes me sad to think that these kids will someday take over this world for us.
I wrtie siple poems from my heart and it spurred the following:

2/29/12 At heavens gate

Now there are 3 children waiting at heavens gate
Senselessly taken by another child filled with hate
The lord says to forgive our enemy’s of their discretions
This the bible says this without question
Though it is hard and sad to do what is right
It aids in the healing process and will help us see the light
It hard to do because their lives were so short
But forgiving the perpetrator is where the healing will start.

Replies

• EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Nice poem.

Yes, I heard about the shooting, I have family in OH. It's kind of scary that some kids just think it's okay to go around shooting people. Ultimately though, it just comes down to the parenting.
  • zincalloy
    Options
    Nice poem.

Yes, I heard about the shooting, I have family in OH. It's kind of scary that some kids just think it's okay to go around shooting people. Ultimately though, it just comes down to the parenting.

Parenting is a big problem but don't doubt for one minute that the widespread legalised drugging of your children with crap like ritalin doesn't have a big say in it.
    Drugging of 'troubled' kids is starting to become more widespread here in Britain as well and no good will come of it.
    People are either not allowed or can't be bothered dealing with their kids these days and so prefer to agree with the Dr's (who are no better than dealers for the pharmaceutical companies) that their kids have made up behavioural problems. Kids have always misbehaved, it's their job. Parents need to start parenting and stop letting the State intefere.
  • AR73
    AR73 Posts: 107
    Options
    Iagree with both comments. When I was little we used to play cowboys and indians and cops and robbers and that was that. Games like hide and seek where once you are found you are done, games of tag, etc.

Kids new back then that once you are out, you are OUT.

Is too easy for them to hit Ctrl+Alt+Del now a days or triangle circle whatever game console they have.

They have not learned that you can reset this.
  • intika
    intika Posts: 17
    Options
    I Just don't understand how easy it is for kids to get guns.
  • HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Nice poem.

^^^^THIS!!!!:ohwell:
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    That is a pretty poem. I had not heard about the shootings - haven't been watching news or anything all week...It is scary

A friend of mine was a Senior at Columnine when those shootings happened.

and i agree with the poster that said that she can't believe how easy it is for kids to get a hold of guns!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    My heart goes out to the victims and their families.

It just keeps happening, again and again and again... No one thing is to blame...there are so many factors... Parents and Teachers are too busy to notice their children/students are hurting/being bullied/have mental issues, etc And then society in general has changed. The world is becoming a lonely place where we talk to people through a computer monitor or cell phone....so impersonal. No human affection.

If you have children...hug them and tell them you love them. Make them feel wanted.
  • newlyknit
    newlyknit Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm close to Ohio, I live in WV. It was very shocking to hear about the shooting so close, but more shocking that the news articles are reporting the shooter choose people at random.
  • Ready4Battle
    Options
    The reality is that it's never going to stop, it's just going to get worse. As parents with younger children, the best defense is to educate your children about what they should do in a situation like this. In the same way a family might discuss and train what to do in case of a fire, or an emergency at home, parents need to prepare their children for survival in any circumstance.