NSV~but, what to do?

Options
SherryR1971
SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
I have three rings that are now twisting on my fingers, almost lost one the other day in the dishwater...I'm glad they are getting looser but the jeweler here in town charges $35.00 per ring to re-size. Do I wait and put up with it until I am down to my goal or take them in and get them re-sized at $105...and maybe have to do it again? Will probably wait-I don't want to take them off til I am at goal since it is my wedding set...but I don't want to waste maney if I have to do it again, either...

Replies

• Juliet_622
    Juliet_622 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    That's great that they are getting looser! I have the same problem with one of my favourite rings to wear. Mine isn't a wedding ring, so I just wear it on a different finger that it fits a bit better on. If that's not a possibility, can you wear it on a necklace maybe?

Congrats on your weight loss!!
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Whether you wait or do it now is up to you, but they have ring guards if you want to wait. I think they cost between $7-10 depending on the metal you buy.
  • lisaap77
    lisaap77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Wrap the under portion of the ring, the part on the inside of your finger, with yarn till it fits right, keep in place with a drop of glue, ON THE YARN. The best part is you can adjust the size as needed. This will keep your rings snug in place till you reach your goal and then have them resized.
  • dlynnkind
    dlynnkind Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue but did not want to pay to have them re-sized yet. I took a small piece of clear rubber tubing and cut a slit in it and slid it on my ring (palm side). Thats working for now at least I know i won't lose it. Supposedly Wal-mart carries something called ring snuggies near the jewelry but mine didn't have them.

Congrats on your loss, I never realized my fingers got fat too :)

Dana
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    This was also an issue for me. Someone here suggested I wear it on my middle finger instead. It was a great quick fix.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    This was also an issue for me. Someone here suggested I wear it on my middle finger instead. It was a great quick fix.

i like this idea
  • trishakatt
    trishakatt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ring guards...you can buy them in a pack at walmart
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Thank you all...didn't think about the rings guards!
  • JenMarie8781
    JenMarie8781 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My rings have been doing the same thing! I am a cashier at Walmart and about 2 weeks ago, I was putting something into a bag and my wedding ring just about slipped right off into the bag. I'm glad I felt it! So that day on my lunch break I went right over to the jewelery counter and bought a pack of "Ring snuggies." You get six in a package and they are all different sizes and it's like $2.00 for the pack. That's what I'm using for now. When I'm completely done losing weight then I'll get my rings re-sized.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!