Cottage Cheese??

Options
I'm new to trying to eat cottage cheese, and I'm not sure how I feel about it! lol... kinda freaks me out. What is your favorite ways to eat it??

Replies

• Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I love it with pine apple or strawberrys that i cut up the night before, sweetened, i use splenda but u cAn use anything, then in the morning 1 cup of strawberrys and a half cup of cottage cheese, and a little more sweetner...yum
  • Dare2Believe
    Dare2Believe Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I like the Breakstone's 2% reduced sodium brand with fresh fruit, usually oranges. I'll have it for breakfast or a mid morning snack.
  • jktjcca
    Options
    Franks red hot sauce! :)
  • lkardish
    Options
    I love mine with tomatoes and lots of black pepper!
  • T2trinco
    T2trinco Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I like pineapple, peaches or pears. Or just plain with black pepper (I know it sounds weird, but that started in college. :) )
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I eat half a cup of cc and 1 tbsp of ranch dressing, as a side. And, I put it on my vegi burger yesterday...sooo Yummy!!
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    With fresh fruit of any kind
    With granola and fruit
    Stirred into yogurt
    On a waffle with fresh fruit or a drizzle of honey
    Plain, by itself
    With salsa (like pico de gallo, homemade)

Love it! :)
  • michmill98
    Options
    Plain
    Black pepper
    Sunflower Seeds stirred in (nice crunch)
    Crouton crumbles stirred in (again crunch and a little flavor although high on the sodium if that's an issue for you - it's not for me)
    With chopped apple, sliced strawberries, some grapes, chopped nuts, and a dash of cinnamon stirred in
  • tuppertracy
    Options
    I actually mix my lowfat cottage cheese into my tossed salad. I know it sounds wierd but it kinda takes the place of a creamy dressing. I also love it with lots of black pepper and a little salt and use it as a dip for my Special K crackers. I have always loved cottage cheese.
  • Jamiewoodle
    Jamiewoodle Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    ONLY with fruit - grapes or pinapple, pears, peaches or sometimes melon.
  • Spamee
    Spamee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My Mom used to Scramble an Egg...Then at the end stir in some Cottage Cheese...Just til it is heated...it is actually pretty good.
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I mix in roma tomato, warm cubed chicken breast and avocado. Yummmy!
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Franks red hot sauce! :)

really :huh:
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese as is! Lots of pepper, sometimes garlic powder too!
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    My Mom used to Scramble an Egg...Then at the end stir in some Cottage Cheese...Just til it is heated...it is actually pretty good.

that DOES sound good!!! i'll definitely try that next time I buy cottage cheese. :)

i usually just have mine with lots of black pepper. the sweetened mixtures just gross me out!
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    I like mine with tomato or with onion salt or garlic powder.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese :sick:

I eat it on the recommendation of my PT. Have elected to eat it with pineapple on oat cakes followed by something with a strong taste to get rid of the cottage cheese after taste.
  • savdbygrac
    Options
    On a salad! Makes the dressing go further! Also, if you mix in a packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix in to a large (3 cup) tub of cottage cheese and let it sit overnight, the next day it makes an AMAZING cracker dip! Use low fat cottage cheese and you have a winner compared to other dips out there!
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I love mine with tomatoes and lots of black pepper!

That's how I love mine! Also with fruit, or hot sauce, sprinkled with bacon, mixed with cucumbers and tomatoes. Doesn't really matter as long as it's not plain, unless I am cooking with it.
  • DanNoonan
    DanNoonan Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My staple breakfast at the moment is spreading some peanut butter onto toast and topping it with some cottage cheese. I also like it as a snack with some cereal (Special K w/ Red Berries) on top, the sweetness of the cereal and the saltiness of the cheese play together well.