Before and During Pictures...

Options
Vanessa1969
Vanessa1969 Posts: 144 Member
after to come later.
At my heaviest, around the time I had surgery done on my knee, I weighed 243lbs. When I joined this site at the end of March, I was already down to 211lbs. I was doing ok, but I was at a bit of a plateau and needed to be more accountable for what I was eating and not just the exercising. I weighed in this morning at 183lbs.
I have never felt better in as long as I can remember. I am participating in things that I love to do, when I would never have before - not even a year ago. A lot of my passion is for animal welfare stuff and it always made me uncomfortable to participate in stuff like that - especially for farm animals.
Recently I have organized a huge animal rights protest in Toronto, and attended a Vegan function at my friend, Sherry's, Pig Sanctuary and the follow up Vegan Bakesale. Sherry said that she didn't recognize me when I came walking up to the house, the last time I visited was last year, and if it weren't for my car she never would have known it was me. I felt pretty good about that.
I can't remember being happier.
I was going through some old photos, and found some that I had taken of myself at different times. I took a photo of myself now as well so I could see the progression I have made. I can't believe how much different I look, I avoid doing a lot of looking at myself and didn't realize the change.
For what they are worth, here they are...
weightlosschainwpounds.jpg

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    you look great, well done! :wink:
  • carlie6930
    carlie6930 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! :smile:
    189807.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • ktndj82104
    ktndj82104 Posts: 85
    Options
    wow what a difference, you look great!!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :flowerforyou: You DO look terrific, though, I think you looked great with the bangs! :smile:
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    wow, good job. Isn't it amazing how we change our looks just by losing weight. You look awesome. Keep up the hard work!
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    way to go
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    you look great and I admire you for all your hard work !!!:bigsmile:
  • krisloock
    krisloock Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    YEA for you! Good job and keep up the hard work!
  • CaGinger
    CaGinger Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Great job! :flowerforyou: So rewarding to see the hard work pay off!
  • Teachmisskim
    Teachmisskim Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love those pictures! Its amazing how they show the real us! I remember when I first lost all my weight that I could really only see my thinner self in photos! They are a great tool! Congratulations and keep up the good work! :)
  • MissBHaven
    MissBHaven Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! :flowerforyou: I likes looking at the progression because I was 203 and am about 211 and don't think I look any different but am feeling heaps better, :happy: so it was good to see your progression,:wink: I guess I see myself every day so don't notice.:tongue:
  • kolney
    kolney Posts: 93
    Options
    You look great!!! Thanks for sharing. keep up the good work!

Oh....you are awesome for doing stuff for animals!!
  • Vanessa1969
    Vanessa1969 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You are all very kind, thank you for your words of support and encouragement!
    :D
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    You're doing great!
    Keep it up & thanks for showing us the difference.
    :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!