145 to 124 pounds with pics!

Options
Before starting MFP I lost about 20 pounds, just through lifestyle changes, mostly. (I was kind of an overeater before, but when I stopped, a lot of the weight slowly just went away.) I am totally excited to start working harder at getting to where I finally want to be now. I was kind of disappointed I didn't save any "before" pictures from a few years ago, but I just found one, hidden in a deep dark corner of the internet... so here it is!

I'm 26 years old, and 5' 5.5" tall. I wish I'd taken some side/back pictures, too; I think the biggest difference is in my side profile. Tons of bulk gone from my belly there. But you can still see some good progress from the front shots.

You can also see a huge difference in my jeans... size 8 used to make me look pretty chunky before, but now I'm fitting comfortably and loosely into my size 6 jeans. Thighs are totally, totally changed.

BEFORE:
p2.jpg
Summer 2007 sometime...? ~145 pounds, if memory serves correctly

AFTER:
IMG_0459.jpg?t=1330479192
Today, 124 pounds

Replies

• 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • paletendril
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Wow awsome. You look great! Keep it up!!
  • worej
    worej Posts: 108
    Options
    Thanks! My stomach has always been the part about myself I hate the most, and I'm disappointed the difference isn't more drastic there. But now that I think about it, spots all over my body have improved a lot! Can't wait to see what throwing some serious exercise into the mix does over the next few months!
  • thop123
    thop123 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    omg i can totally see it! Way to go! I'm trying to move down from 143 to 125 so this is really inspirational for me! Wooo go you!
  • mblair1968
    mblair1968 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Keep up the good work!
  • toque88
    toque88 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! I'm trying to go from 180 to 130. 50 lbs in 52 weeks. High school skinny...baby. Well, at least close.... :tongue:
  • EllaA26
    Options
    You look awesome!

And funny enough, I am also 26, 5'5.5" and started out at 144.8. Ha! Have a ways to go to get to 125 (my goal weight), but seeing your success definitely gives me motivation!
  • worej
    Options
    You look awesome!

And funny enough, I am also 26, 5'5.5" and started out at 144.8. Ha! Have a ways to go to get to 125 (my goal weight), but seeing your success definitely gives me motivation!

Thanks, body twin!
  • AimeeCarolyn
    AimeeCarolyn Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great transformation! You look terrific! :)
  • crawford4398
    crawford4398 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Awesome job !
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    what did you do to loose it? I started out at 140 and want to be your goal weight but i'm 5ft 2 inches... i am struggling.... i have lost 7-8 lbs and that is it, i have been stuck this new year completely...
  • worej
    Options
    what did you do to loose it? I started out at 140 and want to be your goal weight but i'm 5ft 2 inches... i am struggling.... i have lost 7-8 lbs and that is it, i have been stuck this new year completely...

Honestly what I've done until this point is just to stop overeating. I don't eat an entire carton of ice cream in a sitting anymore. I used to go really overboard on simple carbs and dairy - multiple slices of cake when it was around, multiple bagels, lots of simple carbs, 4+ servings of breakfast cereal in a sitting, an entire brick of cream cheese (!!! I can't believe I did that!), etc. etc.

Now that I'm on an actual diet program and am working out regularly, I can't wait to come back and update with real, steady, fit progress. But up until this point, all I've done is eliminate some awful habits I had.

If I had to offer some advice, it'd be to tackle one bad habit at a time. Breakfast cereal, as I said, was huge for me; and now that I'm in the habit of measuring it out every morning, it's not a problem anymore.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    wow you are lucky that is working so well for you! i did just that since nov and i cut out pop/ chips/ etc and it hasn't showed in any results that much at all :( everyone kept telling my just cutting out pop alone ( as i drank a 2 litre a day) i was going to shed a few lbs just from that....i didn't. it was strange.... i was eating super unhealthy and over sized portions too.... i figured all my changes would be showing so much more?
  • neon8919
    Options
    I love reading success stories!! GREAT JOB!!
  • carpp107
    Options
    You look great.....!!!!!!
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Thanks! My stomach has always been the part about myself I hate the most, and I'm disappointed the difference isn't more drastic there. But now that I think about it, spots all over my body have improved a lot! Can't wait to see what throwing some serious exercise into the mix does over the next few months!

Oh, but there is a drastic difference! I'd say that's where you are losing! Congratulations!
  • BrittyBras13
    BrittyBras13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Awesome Transformation! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!