today is body CONFIDENCE day!...

Options
What do you love about your body? What can it do today that it couldn't do last week, last month, or last year?

What changes do you notice that you're happy about? Constantly focusing on the areas that need improvement can sometimes cause you to forget what you've accomplished so far--celebrate your successes and strive to be even better as you go!

So what is it? What do you LOVE about your body?

Replies

• Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    This is a weird one. Obviously I like the way my shoulders and arms are starting to look but the one thing that I like ( and yes I understand its weird for a guy to day this) is my *kitten*. Before I didn't really have one and now its bubbling out and getting stronger. LMAO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Right now I am LOVING how strong my upper body has become since I started on Jan 16 this year! I am down 15.6 lbs and since doing 30DS and No More Trouble Zones, my arms have become ripped and my shoulders and chest have become more defined! And my legs are looking great too! Now if my stomach would join the party I would be very happy!!! When I started I could not even do cheater pushups. Now I can do real pushups!!!
  • megandunn18
    megandunn18 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great post!
    I love that I can fit into smaller jeans and can lift heavier weights. I love my curves. Sure, I wouldn't mind having a six pack, but I don't hate myself for not being there yet!
    My body is amazing and I love it :)
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    My son weighs around 120#, which is a bit less than the amount of weight I've shed. I can toss him over my shoulder and haul him around like a sack of potatoes:
    2193703_6366.jpg
    Also, I have visible muscles instead of lots of blubbery fat now.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    <--- loving my curves all over!!! I love what a healthy diet and lifting heavy does to my body :love:
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    loving the curve-love ladies! you're all beautiful!

@cory--woo hoo, you are strong!! Guns are sexy ;)
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Love my butt and my strong legs!

@love4fitnessl How did you get those amazing abs?????
  • flong1975
    Options
    My sore abs are a reminder of the 6 pack hiding in the background waiting to busy out! And I love that I have more endurance then I did 6 months ago!
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I love my legs! haha :)

I keep feeling them getting stronger and stronger and I LOVE IT! And my new size 3-4 work pants that feel TIGHTER in the lower butt and thighs - and I like it! Cheers to lifting and getting stronger!!!!!!!!!!!
  • flong1975
    Options
    Ooops -BUST OUT...
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    i have always loved me, not my body, but just myself. but now I love my core strength, I can hold plank MUCH longer than I use to. so this strength training does work? who knew :):smile:
  • countrygirl_717
    Options
    I just feel 'better'! Even when I can't notice a physical change right away, I can always notice a mental and emotional change. I feel more alert and healthier, long before my body starts to see changes. Thanks for this positive not today!
  • tiffanyvc
    Options
    When I was in college, we played this stupid game (I don't even know the point of it) but we all had to say something that we would change about ourselves (talk about terrible for self esteem) and I said that I hated my legs. Now, when you ask what I love about myself, it's my legs. I have lost SO MUCH of the fat that was on them. I went from a size 10 in college to a size 4 now. My hips are still a bit wide, but not sure that I can ever change that, since technically, hips are bones. :)

It's easy to forget sometimes how far we have come - when I look in the mirror, I still see the flab on my stomach, but then I remember: a size 10 to a size 4 doesn't just happen. Yes, I still have some flab, but it's NOTHING compared to what used to be there.

Go us!!! :)
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    My son weighs around 120#, which is a bit less than the amount of weight I've shed. I can toss him over my shoulder and haul him around like a sack of potatoes:
    2193703_6366.jpg
    Also, I have visible muscles instead of lots of blubbery fat now.

I see you in the forums ALL this time, and I am always impressed by you, and confused when you change your profile picture, lol
  • i_am_asparagus
    i_am_asparagus Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Love my calves and my thighs aren't looking half bad either. :happy:
  • My calves, they have always been toned and good looking. but more and more I am falling in love with my stomach. Hopefully my love will spread to my butt next.
  • commonly_unique
    Options
    I've never had a problem loving my body...curves are sexy! Gives me confidence and joy when shopping for new clothes. Just trying to get rid of my "spare tire"...and last week I had to tighten my belt one notch to keep my pants from falling off! On my way there! Time to go shopping again!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I tried to make today body confidence day but I failed. I even tried to put on a dress that had been tight and see if I looked better but I couldn't see past the fact that it still looked bad. Hopefully reading other peoples will help.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    What do you love about your body?

I love that it responds to what I do with it. I love that its all science and magic and will and love. I love that Im strong and was born with the perfect combination of tiny frame and natural muscle mass to sculpt. I love that my legs have a 37inch inseam so I dont have to run as many strides as most people and my full wingspan always amazes me and makes my heart happy when Im flying over the Brooklyn Bridge on a Sunday morning.
    What can it do today that it couldn't do last week, last month, or last year?

Today I can walk- yesterday I could not - dude to tearing up both calves last week- But I did what my body needed me to do and today- I STAND B!TCHES! *gigglesqueak of happiness*

Last week I couldn't do a third set on the shoulder press- but this week I did 4.

Last year I couldn't walk around my bedroom butt nekkid in front of a sexy man lying in my bed- but now - geez - you cant force me to put clothes on. Last year I couldnt hold a plank for thirty seconds, this year Im hitting bouldering walls with no safety backups.
    What changes do you notice that you're happy about?

My hip bones when Im laying at the beach- staring through the gap in my bikini bottom straight to the ocean LOL - my boobs are smaller and perkier and way sexy. My arms are the biggest change though. I love my guns. Damn i love my guns!
    So what is it? What do you LOVE about your body?

my favorite has to be my legs- and Im spending 2012 shaping them the way they were meant ot be shaped before my car accident. Every new cut that shows up is an olympic-dismount type victory.
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my new rear and how I look from the behind (and so does hubby). My once apple shape has become an hour glass, rear and thighs are toned, back fat not very noticable. Woot, woot!!!