Having trouble holding heavy weights

Options
I recently started Chalean Extreme again (didn't make it through the first time). I have a very weak grip and have trouble holding heavy weights for very long. On lower body I can't go over 15lb per leg because I can't hold on to them for a long time, and my forearems are always hurting. Also, with rows I can't hold heavy weights long enough to reach fatigue. Any suggestions? I got gloves with help, but don't remedy the problem completely.

Replies

• torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    Options
    You can use straps while you build up your hand muscles. They're about 8-10 bucks at any sporting goods store. ;-)
  • jessicaf86
    jessicaf86 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Have you tried hand grippers? You can squeeze it while you're watching TV increase your grip strength dramatically. You can get them pretty cheap (around 10 bucks). I remember seeing them at wal-mart before in the fitness section. Also, you can try squeezing a tennis ball repeatedly. I personally prefer the hand gripper though since it's especially designed for your hands. I found this for you...http://www.leehayward.com/grip_training.htm. I hope it helps you out!
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I use lifting straps...allows me to lift more weight without letting my weak grip be a hinderance.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, hadn't heard of the straps...I will see if I can find some.