Options
4mykids
4mykids Posts: 33 Member
Hello! Just wanted to introduce myself... my name is Cathy. I'm 32 years old with 2 wonderful children, and a loving husband. We live in Ontario, Canada (anyone else from Ontario?).

I think I've tried everything under the sun to lose weight (get healthy), and nothing. I've recently been to a consultation for weight loss surgery - which I absolutely DO NOT want to have -- but sometimes I don't feel like there's any other choice.

I feel like my body is falling apart. My knees hurt when I first get up from a chair to walk - I actually can't walk probably for the first couple minutes. I have severe plantar faciitis (sp?) in my left foot, and my back and hips are very tender - all of these make exercise a little more difficult. HOWEVER when I do exercise, I feel great! So why don't I do it????? Ack!!! I don't get it!

Anyway, that's me! Looking for someone else with similar circumstances to be support partners for each other.

Oh, forgot to mention, I have over 100lbs to lose!

Thanks for your time!
Enjoy your day!

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Hey, Cathy!! Welcome!! I'm so glad that you joined MFP... I am finding it extremely helpful and motivating!!
    Jump in and do it! I know you can! :drinker: Good luck!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • 4mykids
    4mykids Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies for the encouragement!