1 full year

It's been one full year of eating healthier, LOTS of walking/running, exercising in general and weight lifting and I'm down 45 pounds. Will continue to push harder to see what else my body is capable of with a goal of losing another 15-20 pounds. Amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it!

Replies

• masterjosue
    masterjosue Posts: 11 Member
    CONGRATS! That is something to be proud of. Losing a few pounds is a piece of cake, but it takes a lot of determination to consistently lose weight for a year. Keep it up!!
  • Yes - it's not a "diet", it's a lifestyle change!
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,290 Member
    Woot!!
    Keep kicking @$$ :)
  • Yes - it's not a "diet", it's a lifestyle change!

Exactly this! I love that you've kept it up for a year, you're so completely my hero. I have a walking buddy who is also working on losing weight, but 1) he's a guy so he loses faster, 2) he eats what can only be called a quarter of a side salad per meal and kind of binges on the weekends, and 3) he keeps calling what he and I are doing a diet, which is irksome because I'm seriously trying to make a life change. He said to me the other day: "when we're done with the diet, what should be our first meal?"
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 671 Member
    That is absolutely wondeful! Commitment really does pay off!
  • Eating like that is only going to be a short term fix. Do what you believe in, what works for you, but do it the right way. Look at food as fuel for your body - if it's not going to give you the energy you need, then put it down :)

You can do it!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!