Options

Replies

• DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Are.....Awesomesauce!
  • cyndist
    Options
    I love dead lifts! But I am far from sexy. =)
    Cindy
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Deadlift party in the hooouuuuuuse.
  • Anelda
    Anelda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. One of my favorite exercises!
    Hoping to rock out a set of 5 at 195 lbs tonight!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Actually had a girl ask me about deadlifts as i was doing them yesterday.. and you know what, she was sexy!
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    OP, your original "almost always sexy" gave me a giggle. Go in strong... just straight up sexy!

^^^ this

and yes I love them and I hate them but I do them religiously
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    *Raises hand* Deadlifts rule!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Every time I go to the gym and use the machines (which is all I was taught during the month of personal training I won) for my strength training, I stare longingly at the free weights.

One of these days, I will grow the (figurative) balls to go over there (my gym is full of college boy meat heads, but I need to get over it and do it anyway). When I do, be prepared for total awesomeness.

Until then, I'm just a sad little wannabe and am in platonic love with all of the women who lift heavy things.
  • ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    strong is HOT. and gals doing dead lifts are SEXY. no doubt.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I used to - but I was NOT sexy. I did a lot of weight training when I was doing crew. Never has a guy told me my power cleans turned them on.
  • gleechick609
    Options
    I did kettlebell deadlifts....

I want someone to come to NJ and make sure I am doing it right!!!!!
  • redfox43
    redfox43 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just PR'd at 200 lbs.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Any friend of the barbell is a friend of mine
  • Jazzmagic
    Jazzmagic Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I'm really interested in starting to do weights at the gym rater than just cardio, I'm not too sure how to get into it though... I'm not too good with reading books on subjects, I'd much rather be physically shown as I don't want to hurt myself etc... Do you think if I was to ask someone who worked at the gym they would show me? How did you all get into it?

Thanks

Cat
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Every time I go to the gym and use the machines (which is all I was taught during the month of personal training I won) for my strength training, I stare longingly at the free weights.

One of these days, I will grow the (figurative) balls to go over there (my gym is full of college boy meat heads, but I need to get over it and do it anyway). When I do, be prepared for total awesomeness.

Until then, I'm just a sad little wannabe and am in platonic love with all of the women who lift heavy things.

Do it! I work out in a college gym too. Those boys RARELY dead lift or squat. I just started the Strong Lifts 5x5 and really like it. It's a good simple program.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I'm really interested in starting to do weights at the gym rater than just cardio, I'm not too sure how to get into it though... I'm not too good with reading books on subjects, I'd much rather be physically shown as I don't want to hurt myself etc... Do you think if I was to ask someone who worked at the gym they would show me? How did you all get into it?

Thanks

Cat

They might charge you. Youtube is actually a great resource.
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

Thanks

Cat

yes, hire a trainer. worth the dough.

there are also lots of videos on youtube-- i like mark rippetoe vids. others here really like bodybuilding.com

if you read new rules of lifting, it's not very "booky". ie, not too much critical text. the tables and pics are the focus. give it a try.
  • kerri007
    kerri007 Posts: 123
    Options
    i do and love it
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

Thanks

Cat

Yes, ask someone who works at the gym if they can show you around the free weights etc or better yet, get a PT for 1 session if you really don't have a clue.
    If they don't know much about it, and you don't have PTs there, then just ask somebody in the gym who looks like they know what they are doing, maybe somebody you see there a lot. Most people would be glad to help :smile:
  • Jazzmagic
    Jazzmagic Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Great thanks, I'll look into the you tube videos. Might even try and get the courage to ask another gym member sometime... we'll see.