Easy Lunches

Options
Hi I am currently starting full time employment for the first time in ages, but mostly since I have started taking things seriously I am a bit worried about what to eat at lunch times.

I am a very plain eater, I dont like sandwichs other than ham, dont like salads particularly, dont like rivita or anything like that, hummus etc etc I am very difficult and lunch isnt my favourite meal of the day either!

Does anyone have any idea what I could eat at lunch time in work? I am really stuck :/

Trudy

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    What do you like to eat? You can make lunch sized portions of the foods you do like....maybe use left overs from dinner? I sometimes take ceral for lunch because it's easy.
  • Mellocare
    Mellocare Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    What about Healthy Choice soup-in-a-cup? (If a microwave is available at work, that is.) Or even some of the frozen dinners out there by healthy brands can be not too bad.

What about a bit of egg salad or something? Or take some hard-boiled eggs and apple slices with peanut butter. Or a baggy of baby carrots or some Greek yogurt. Or a mix of any of those. Just throwing ideas out there, lol. :)
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    What do you eat for lunch now? Leftovers from dinner always works well if you have access to a refrigerator & microwave.
  • dragomom
    dragomom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    maybe take some progresso soup, or a lean cuisine meal or something on that order?
  • minime2b
    minime2b Posts: 168
    Options
    There are some great lean frozen dinners etc and paired with fruit they can make a pretty easy lunch. I also like taking my leftovers from dinner the night before when I can. Can't get easier than that. :smile:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    left overs from supper. Make more then enough the night before and tada, lunch is already done.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I almost always make extra portions at dinnertime and just bring the leftovers for lunch, but if not, I also bring oatmeal with protein powder, veggie burgers on a sandwich thin with sweet potato fries or a protein shake in a thermos.
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    how do you feel about soup? a small cup of vegetable or chicken/turkey soup with half a sandwich would probably be reasonable.

or have something that you'd normally eat for dinner (aka: leftovers) for lunch. so if you like dinner better, make more of it the night before and have it again for lunch! :)
  • amyy902
    amyy902 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    A ham sandwich :)
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    The best thing that I have found has been 2 cups of Almond milk with a serving each of PB2 and Protein powder (I am currently using Herbalife protein, but plan to switch to one that doesn't have whey once I run out). I bring the milk in a shaker cup with one of those spiffy mixer balls and the powder in a little container. At lunch, I combine and shake it up. I also bring a piece of fruit--like a small apple or pear.
  • trudy45
    Options
    What do you eat for lunch now? Leftovers from dinner always works well if you have access to a refrigerator & microwave.

I eat toasted veda bread, toast and jam, cereal and big soup, its a bet repetitive tho lol x
  • trudy45
    Options
    What do you like to eat? You can make lunch sized portions of the foods you do like....maybe use left overs from dinner? I sometimes take ceral for lunch because it's easy.

That is a good idea, left overs! i do prefer dinner to lunch x
  • gbtesq
    gbtesq Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have found that the microwaveable bags of veggies are a great quick lunch. You can buy a variety of bags and just grab one to go along with maybe a microwave minute rice cup.

If you need meat with your veggies, just buy a large bag of frozen chicken breasts from Sams or Costco and throw one in a baggie to eat with your veggies. Wha La!! Quick low cal, nutritious lunch! :tongue:
  • trudy45
    Options
    That is great thanks very much! left overs or a frozen meal it will be i think! i will have to have a look into the frozen meals and see what I can get :) x
  • skeetposey
    skeetposey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My favorite lunch is a tortilla roll up. Take an "Ole Whole Wheat Tortilla" (low in carbs) spread some mustard or low fat mayo on it. Lay over about 3 slice of ham and a little low fat cheese (I love swiss). Put on you lettuce and roll up. Cut in half and wrap in saran. You can do this the night before or in morning. You will be surprised how little time it takes! It is yummy and simple.
  • alaska11
    alaska11 Posts: 151
    Options
    I have found that the microwaveable bags of veggies are a great quick lunch. You can buy a variety of bags and just grab one to go along with maybe a microwave minute rice cup.

If you need meat with your veggies, just buy a large bag of frozen chicken breasts from Sams or Costco and throw one in a baggie to eat with your veggies. Wha La!! Quick low cal, nutritious lunch! :tongue:

Love the microwaveable veggie bags!!