Frustrated

Options
I've been using myfitnesspal for about 20 days now and was doing very well until 4 days ago. Up until then, I had lost a little more than 5 lbs. Unfortunately, the scale has added back 3 of those pounds. I've stayed within my calorie count each and every day and I've been exercising 5 days a week. Why the dog gone weight gain? It so completely frustrating!!! You would figure that even with PMS, I wouldn't see a gain of 3 lbs for 4 days. I have to be losing something even if I'm PMS bloating and therefore should remain roughly the same weight if not losing????? Not sure what to do about this!

Replies

• mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I usually gain 2-4lbs around TOM and it can take up to a week for it to disappear again. Your body fluctuates, keep doing the right things, eat your calories, workout, drink water, water, water and your body will come down again. Totally natural.. just keep doing the right thing :)
  • arfletcher
    Options
    if its TOM that you are probably looking at that as the reason... also, for me, if I weigh myself more than once a week I go CRAZY because of minor fluctuations! I weigh in once a week at the same time of day and then dont step on the scale for the rest of the week...
  • Penelope10201
    Penelope10201 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've had the same problem.....actually i saw a 7lb increase...while still doing MFP....hang in there...and you will see it...all of a sudden you will be lower than what you expected! I have been doing MFP for two months.....Remember it's a life changer...not just a temporary fix....it helps you be aware to eat the Right kinds of foods..........I found that if I truly only step on the scale 1x a week on the same day in the morning before breakfast...it's a true read!
    GL!!!!
  • txsgirlK
    txsgirlK Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to my scale! I made my husband hide it today. Going to start only weighing once every 2 weeks to keep from going insane. I had a 2 lb gain this am. There are so many factors that can make it fluctuate. Don't be discouraged! Keep doing what your doing and it will happen! You can do it and so can I!:smile: