I need friends and support. :/

Options
Just coming back here after deleting an account just over a month ago. I need help and support. I'm a breastfeeding mother of three and weigh 165. I'd really like some support. :smile:

Replies

• pd_miller
    pd_miller Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Stay focused. Keep your goals posted on the fridge to remind yourself daily. Keep a glass by every sink so when you go in you fill it up half way and drink it. Dehydration is half of the healthy battle. Your body needs your support as much as you need support from others. When you understand that all the working parts of your body are your friends and you need to feed them healthy and drink lots of water for them to work properly you will be more inclined to do so.
    Your in control of the way you think. Think positive thoughts throughout the day. You CAN do this!! You WILL do this! Make your goals achievable. Baby steps... and never be discouraged because you didn't lose what you wanted. Remember, muscle weighs more than fat so if you are using weights, and the scale doesn't budge, you did lose and you gained muscle!

Always here if you need advice or just a simple words of support! You GOT this!!!
  • BeckyNaturoMommy
    BeckyNaturoMommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I've been drinking alot more water lately. I've noticed an increase in my milk supply because of this, so hopefully baby gains more weight, faster.
  • mishipp
    mishipp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HI there, wow three kids and breastfeeding, 165lbs! that is great, I want so badly to get to 165 and even lower, stay the course, you can do it
  • BeckyNaturoMommy
    Options
    Thanks. :) It's hard. The other day, I was in the middle of a good burn and baby woke up. lol Unless I get up earlier in the morning, looks like I won't get in a proper workout. I have been lunging and squatting, though, when I wear baby, so I may just do that. :happy:
  • nkamrMom
    nkamrMom Posts: 1
    Options
    I think you are smart to be thinking about your weight now, but don't beat yourself up too bad. In a very short period of time, that baby won't be breast feeding, and you will have lots of time to work out, okay, maybe not lots, but some. Enjoy breastfeeding and your little. Here is an idea...keep fruit and veggies cut up and stored in those green bags/containers that have that green fresher lining. It really works. It will keep cut fruit and veggies fresh for a week, Grab a bag of veggies or fruit and munch away while Baby is eating too. God bless you during this crazy but wonderful time in your life.
  • kmastello
    kmastello Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi! I'm in the same boat! I have a 4 month old, I have been at this for about 2 months now, and it is not easy with a baby and breastfeeding! (I also have 4 other children who I homeschool which doesnt make it any easier!) Im gonna add u as a friend! xoxo
  • lisag2007
    lisag2007 Posts: 130
    Options
    Joining MFP again is a step in the right direction. My son is almost 21 months old, but I remember trying to fit in a workout when he was tiny and sleeping. He would sleep in the bouncy chair while I was on the treadmill....almost like it lulled him to lala land. LOL Later, when he was a little bigger he would sleep in the swing and I would sneak in a workout then too, but I didn't have two other kiddos to worry about either. Good luck to you and keep up the good work and even 10 minutes of lunges and squats make a difference...especially with your little one to help you with some extra weight. :) Feel free to add me.
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent. I have just starting logging and such again after taking off for a month. I am ready to restart now.
  • BeckyNaturoMommy
    Options
    I think you are smart to be thinking about your weight now, but don't beat yourself up too bad. In a very short period of time, that baby won't be breast feeding, and you will have lots of time to work out, okay, maybe not lots, but some. Enjoy breastfeeding and your little. Here is an idea...keep fruit and veggies cut up and stored in those green bags/containers that have that green fresher lining. It really works. It will keep cut fruit and veggies fresh for a week, Grab a bag of veggies or fruit and munch away while Baby is eating too. God bless you during this crazy but wonderful time in your life.

If everything goes right, I'll still be breastfeeding at 18 months. :bigsmile: Thank you for the cut up fruit idea too! I'll try that out.
  • mommy2two07
    mommy2two07 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am a mom of two young boys. Enjoy when they are little cause they grow up so fast. Can you maybe take the little one in a stroller for walks when it is warm ? What about like walking dvd workouts like Leslie Sansone ......you might be able to do those with the baby in a carrier on you .
  • BeckyNaturoMommy
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am a mom of two young boys. Enjoy when they are little cause they grow up so fast. Can you maybe take the little one in a stroller for walks when it is warm ? What about like walking dvd workouts like Leslie Sansone ......you might be able to do those with the baby in a carrier on you .

I actually don't have a stroller and don't plan on getting one, really, because I have a Moby wrap that the baby really loves. Though, I might get an umbrella stroller for my 2 year old, so I can take all the kids for walks without my 2 year old running off. lol