Insanity OR P90X??

Options
Hello to any and all who've experienced either or both of these (preferably both) programs. I am trying to decide WHICH program to go with and why. I've heard that insanity has less "equipment" that you need, and is closer to 45 minutes rather than up to 80 as can be in P90X.
I'm looking for input on WHAT and WHY.
Thanks for your help!
Blessings!

Replies

• uniqute1888
    uniqute1888 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    The never ending debate! I have done both and love both for what they are... P90x taught me how to lift properly and form on many exercise .... insanity taught me to push beyond what I thought were my limits .... P90x great for toning up... Insanity amazing cardio and I saw results in 2 weeks vs 3/4 weeks w p90x .... I will be starting a hybrid on Monday to get all the benefits of both programs... Hope this helpe and good luck, remember to Bring it and dig deeper!
  • cburn_317
    cburn_317 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Insanity is going to be A LOT more cardio than P90X for sure. But P90X is going to give you more strength training. So it sort of depends on your goals and your preference to either.

Insanity does have less equipment than P90X. Though you can certainly start P90X with just a set of resistance bands.

The routines in P90X are a bit longer, but this is primary due to the different types of routines offered (cardio vs strength)

HTH...
  • tru2rt
    tru2rt Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have started P90X and I am currently on day 3 of the lean program and once I complete the P90x I am moving on to Insanity. I think both programs are really good but very intense. I went with the lean program because I wanted more fat loss than muscle build since I am overweight now.

But good luck in any program that you chose and if you need an accountability buddy hit me up I would be than happy to be one!
  • momma23ts
    Options
    Thanks to each of you thus far! I appreciate all thoughts! :smile:
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I have done both and agree with the comments indicating that Insanity yields a quicker weight loss through the intense cardio while the P90X gives you that nice tone. Both excellent. You won't go wrong with either. I've used a hybrid approach as well. Now I sort of alternate between P90X, P90X2 and Insanity. Enjoy!