"budgeting" in treats!

Options
Just want to know if I am alone in this one or not! I do not log what I eat, I log what I am GOING to eat then actually eat. Anyway, I often plan to eat little treats and adjust the rest of my day accordingly.

Does this work for anyone else? I guess I am paranoid the sugar from the cinnamelt I just budgeted with somehow ruin everything, even though I would be right around the calories I need BEFORE even adding my daily workout.

Any thoughts???

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I log all (or at least most) of my food every morning to give me an idea of where I'm going to be for the day. Then, I allow for treats and snacks. It's much easier for me to keep on track if I have a plan.

I don't track my sugar, since I stay away from most sweets/baked goods/candy (only indulging once in awhile) and most of my sugar comes from fruit.

I think you have to do what works for you.....and if you need a cinnamelt in the morning to get your day going, that's fine if it fits in your plan!
  • bubblicious84
    bubblicious84 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with budgeting in the occasional treat! I do it as often as I feel I need it, and it helps keep me sane!
  • cfrollins
    cfrollins Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your thoughts! I feel a little better!
  • lizzybeth5983
    lizzybeth5983 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I do that too. SO far it has worked well for me. I usually plan for each meal and add the calories the meal before I eat them so I can make sure I have enough.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Budgeting in treats is the only sensible way to diet, IMO. The only people that shouldn't are those that can't yet have a small treat without it triggering a larger binge.
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Perfect example- I was home visiting family on Sunday. I knew I was getting some of "mom's home cookin", so I planned accordingly- not just for Sunday, but for Saturday and Monday as well. I did a little extra exercise both days, and made better than usual eating choices. Sunday, I had lasagne, meatballs, white bread, chocolate cake and beer. I physically could not eat as much as I wanted to, which I guess is a good thing, but I didn't worry about eating it either. Just added it to the calculator and moved along.

Strangely enough, I broke a very stubborn plateau since then. ;)