counting Zumba calories?

Options
Since there is no Zumba in the exercise search, what is an equal amount of calories burned that i could use?!

Replies

• LastChanceForMe
    Options
    Go to Google and you will find it.
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    zumbacalories.com
  • sativo8339
    sativo8339 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have used "dancing" on MFP. It gets pretty close... Choose the aerobic dancing.
  • niqua215
    niqua215 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You can log it as Dance Aerobic. MFP really overstates the calorie burn though. According to my HRM, I burn about 535 calories per hour. mFP's database will estimate 200 calories more. Getting a HRM will be a smart choice if you eat your workout calories. Gives you a more accurate calorie count.
  • franks1wife
    Options
    Hi my name is Sharon and I have been doing Zumba for 6 months. We burn nearly 1000 calories at every class. I always list it as 800 calories because sometimes I may not give it my 'all' (although it is still very intense!). Hope this helps. I love Zumba. It is the only exercise I have ever found that I can stick with because it is so fun :)
  • zumbaabby
    Options
    yep...zumbacalories.com you put in your weight, if you do low, mid, or high impact, and low long, and it will give you a count of what you burned :)!
  • jce240sx
    Options
    Great!!! thank you for your help :)
  • jce240sx
    Options
    Sharon I agree, Zumba is great and something i enjoy doing that doesnt feel like "working out"!!! You get lost in the music!
  • mbilling
    mbilling Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I hated zumba...until I wore my HRM to a class and found out I burn about 500 calories/hour. I was surprised because it really doesn't feel like exercise. I run and have a fairly low resting heart rate, so 500cal/hour is a great burn for me! I still feel silly doing it, but I feel silly all the way to the fridge!
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    zumbacalories.com

^this
  • Jewels_Ka
    Jewels_Ka Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    since zumba in generally based on what ever effort you put into it the cals burned may vary for all. So, If you use a chest strap, that would have been perfect indicator for cal loss during excercise! Try it and then log it in.
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba for six months and use a heart rate monitor with a chest strap. Doing the class with different instructors will produce different calorie burned counts every time. I usually average 500 calories burned an hour with my regular instructor. One class I took on vacation only burned only 150 calories, I was disappointed at that instructor's class. Buy a HRT, it is the best investment I have made in my weight-loss journey. Mine is a Polar FT7.
  • TheAnie
    TheAnie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I hated zumba...until I wore my HRM to a class and found out I burn about 500 calories/hour. I was surprised because it really doesn't feel like exercise. I run and have a fairly low resting heart rate, so 500cal/hour is a great burn for me! I still feel silly doing it, but I feel silly all the way to the fridge!
    :laugh: Okay, that makes me want to go do my Zumba. So I can laugh all the way to the fridge!
  • macylane4
    Options
    I googled it, but a girl in my class the other day was wearing a fit bit, and it said the average calories burned fo the 2 hour class was right around 700 calories...so probably 350 per hour...depending on your size etc.
    I burn a bit more because I'm bigger!!!