P90X

Options
Has anyone done this? I know it's going to be hard and I'm not in the greatest shape, but sure do want to be....looking for feedback? I'm 43, no major health issues (other than my weight) in ok shape looking for a serious transformation. Is this something you can do with modified moves and still see results? I know I'm goign to have to build up my strength and stamina - just want to know if there are other women out there, similar to me - 40s, 20-30 overweight who have tried it and what hte results were.

Replies

• cburn_317
    cburn_317 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Obviously not a woman, but I have done P90X several times and gotten awesome results. I know several women including my 50 year old mother who are still using P90X as their primary program.

Every resistance routine has a modified movement to allow you to gradually build up strength.

Nutrition is KEY, nail the nutrition and the workouts will do exactly what they are supposed to do.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

HTH
  • tru2rt
    tru2rt Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am currently on day 3 of the lean program for P90x......I have some personal friends who have completed P90x and have seen awesome results and they were in their 40's with over 50-60 lbs to lose. I am in my 30's and about 50 lbs overweight so my goal is to do P90x for 90 days and then switch to insanity to kill the last lbs. Nutrition, support and commitment are the keys to this program. If you purchase the program through beachbody then please use the message boards or chat rooms to connect with others doing P90x.

I am a team beachbody coach and I would be more than happy to be your accountability partner. Hit me up if your interested! And good luck in any program that you complete!
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    I have done it complete now many times, classics and doubles.

The first time I did it - I was 42. I have lost a total of 60 lbs. and definitely Bikini Fit now. Tight, no jiggles (I am now 47)

:)

So you CAN do this, just modify as needed, do your best, push yourself - I also strongly recommend lifting heavy, lower reps - you will see faster results in fat loss, lean muscle improvement, strength gains, overall tightening.

Do not cut yourself to short on calories, and get enough protein.

I recommend doing inch measurements every 30 days from many body areas, often I loose inches, but scale weight may not seem to change. Yet I am smaller, tighter, leaner all over. Waist, hips, thighs, calves, forearm, chest wall etc.
  • tovenestor
    Options
    Awesome - thanks to all of you very much! Very helpful and I appreciate the encouragement. My husband said if I show a committment for 30 days of 30 day shred we can purchase P90X so I'm sticking with it....I'll keep you posted! Looking at April 1 purchase date!
  • tquig
    tquig Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    On my second time through p90x. As was stated earlier, nutrition is the key (to any fitness plan, really). Try to do the exercises to the best of your ability, even if you can only do half of what they are doing. The important part is sticking with it. You can do it and will see results if you follow through. Even people that are not "bringing it" as Tony says, still typically see very good results. I have a friend that lost nearly 50lbs the first time. I lost 22lbs. This time is simply to continue to get in better shape- starting p90x2 right after (day 51). Good luck and don't hesitate to ask me questions!!
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I started with P90X and I am also an Insanity, Insanity Asylum and P90X 2 grad. Friend me if you want support :)