30 day shred?

Options
After Im done having my baby in 2-2 1/2 months, i want to try the 30 day shred...

is it worth it? success pics?

& is there a 30 day shred for nintendo wii? Because thats all i have...or is it just a regualr dvd? i have a dvd player too...

thanks!

Replies

• Lisaliftsandruns
    Options
    It is just a DVD. It would be a good way to get back in shape.
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    Options
    oh ok. thanks!

I thought it would be for wii too, since they have the biggest loser on wii. But, i wasnt sure.
    thanks again (:
  • Msjcooper
    Msjcooper Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Its a great way to get in shape, arms, shoulders, core, legs, butt... all over great workout and only takes about 25 minutes to do. Highly recommend it. I do it right before summer when I have to put on a bathing suit. Only costs about $10 at Target. I have pics but not sure how to post them, sorry. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!
  • mdebbie1026
    mdebbie1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Please make sure you get your ok from doc to work out because it is intense.

10100588.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    Please wait at least 6-8 weeks after the baby has arrived to begin. Let your body heal. No need to get to exercising right away like a crazy person.
  • amberfox76
    amberfox76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Absolute best dvd for getting into shape. I have all Jillian Michael's dvd's and she really works you. Good luck!!
  • PeaceLoveTrees
    PeaceLoveTrees Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have the 30 day shred dvd and like it a lot. there are three levels you can move through so when the first level gets kinda easy for you, you can move up to something more difficult. I don't do it every day but it's part of my work out plan and I've been happy with it! Also, there are Zumba work outs for the Wii, and my sister has the Wii Fit and I really like that program too! good luck!
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    Options
    I wont be working out right away, especially if i have a c-section.
    I was thinking of starting when my baby is around2-3 months old.
    Do little stuff first, then get to the bigger stuff later.
  • Nicole921
    Nicole921 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I started it 2 days ago....its tough!! And I'd say im in pretty good shape. Def. let your body heal after delivery...Don't over do it too soon, or you'll regret it!!
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've just finished the 30 Day Shred ( http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/506156-i-finished-the-30-day-shred-with-photo ) I did it to tone up after having a baby. I tried to do it when she was 8 weeks old but I found that I needed to lose some weight before I began (I had put on quite a bit with baby #2 and it wasn't falling off like it did with #1!)
    Make sure you get cleared at your 6 week check. If you have a caesarean you might have to wait up to 6 months, depending on how you heal. Also make sure to wear a really supportive bra (I wear 2, an underwire one with a sports stretchy one over the top). Good luck!!
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I defo recommend it. Im on day 21 and have finally made it to Level 3 and i can defo feel a huge difference in my fitness. Although i havnt noticed a huge difference as in toning wise :ohwell: but i really am hoping to see a difference soon cause its bloody hard work.
  • dvk422
    Options
    Check your local library for Jillian Michaels and other trainers DVDs. My library has several of them and you can borrow a couple and see which you like better before actually buying it.
  • kimimila86
    Options
    Does the 30 Day Shred require any extra equipment to do? Just curious. I'm training for a 5K right now, but once I complete it I would like to start a program, and I think this may be it!
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    By the way, I've found the 30DS level 1 on youtube if you want to see what the work outs are before getting the dvd...I often watch it on my phone to work out instead of playing it on my dvd player since its the same and I can take my phone anywhere and do it lol.
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    Options
    THANKS EVERYONE!! I really appreciate you guys answering my question!! (:

Werglum, BEAUTIFUL tranformation!!! thanks for sharing!
  • SuperBonBon79
    Options
    I've been doing it for almost 3 weeks now, and after a month of eating better and drinking 8 glasses of water a day (while your at Walmart getting the DVD, swing over and get the H2O on the go 2.2L waterbottle that houses 8 glasses).

I've lost 18.5 lbs so far :)

And I had a baby a year ago

Congrats!
  • Ashley3915
    Ashley3915 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I just started today,Day 1: I feel amazing! I have a alot of friends on MFP who has tried it and LOVE it!!! :)

Gook Luck!
  • lissamok
    Options
    Does the 30 Day Shred require any extra equipment to do? Just curious. I'm training for a 5K right now, but once I complete it I would like to start a program, and I think this may be it!

No, just hand weights and a yoga mat for floor exercises. If you are ok with carpet, you may not even need the mat. Actually, you can substitute water bottles for weights even.
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    Options
    I've been doing it for almost 3 weeks now, and after a month of eating better and drinking 8 glasses of water a day (while your at Walmart getting the DVD, swing over and get the H2O on the go 2.2L waterbottle that houses 8 glasses).

I've lost 18.5 lbs so far :)

And I had a baby a year ago

Congrats!

oh wow!! congrats on the loss & the baby!
    & thank you! (:

how much did you pay for the water and DVD?
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    Options

No, just hand weights and a yoga mat for floor exercises. If you are ok with carpet, you may not even need the mat. Actually, you can substitute water bottles for weights even.

You need to buy your own weights?