protein powder and coffee?

Options
I just got some chocolate protein powder and a little single serve blender. I don't want to add milk, and I know water will be bland with it. Has anyone blended it with coffee? Does it mix? Taste good?

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I've done it, makes a good iced coffee drink.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Yum! I used to have a scoop (or half a scoop) of chocolate protein powder in my coffee every morning. I didn't blend it, just mixed it in with a spoon so there was a bit of texture there but I didn't mind because it tasted really good. Blending might make it better if certain textures bother you.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    It works well with cold coffee. It doesn't mix well with hot. What I do is mix vanilla with a half cup of milk every day and add it to my coffee like creamer.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I've done it, makes a good iced coffee drink.

This.

I don't drink coffee whatsoever, but keep a jar of instant in my cupboard and mix it with chocolate whey when I'm feelin sassy.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I find the powder gets gunky in hot coffee. I usually wisk some in 1% milk first then add the coffee to it.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I use my protein powder and iced coffee and make my own frap or even just over ice. (cookies and cream protein powder and iced coffee)
  • 319tokona
    Options
    I have also used a little skim milk or water with coffee beans. I use a submersible blender to mix / grind the beans into the drink. Delish!!
  • mahidac
    mahidac Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    yeah pretty much what everyone said - i have a tough time mixing it with normal (hot coffee) but i think it makes a fantastic iced coffee drink
  • mcshaw10
    Options
    You do not want to mix it with hot coffee because the high temperature will denature some of the protein, but it is good for iced!
  • mem1086
    mem1086 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing! Now I have an answer.
  • Quiing
    Quiing Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Yes its quite tasty. Sometimes I use a single serve Nescafe Taster's Choice packet and shake it up in a blender bottle with my protein powder when I'm in a hurry.
  • FionaAnne22
    FionaAnne22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Never thought of mixing it with coffee, I don't use protein powder atm but am planning on starting and that's a great idea :D
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Most of them don't mix too well wtih hot coffee unless you first dissolve the protein in some warm water, THEN add to your coffee.
    I actually make almost all of my protein shakes with cold coffee or tea and chocolate protein....its divine.

PS If you feel like a coffee splurge, check out drinkclick.com -- this stuff is great (even if its not the best type of protein you can get)
    I get it on amazon and usually use 1/3 or 1/2 serving on top of a scoop of good chocolate.
  • mfisher16508
    mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    yes yes yes, but not too hot......also instant coffee and almond milk works great....soooooo freakin god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!