feeling shakey from not enough fat grams?

Options
I don't know if this is why I feel so shakey..I don't seem to be eating enough fat grams, always wayyy below daily goal. But how to consume more fat grams while keeping calorie intake at daily goal? I'm weak and shakey and I felt fine doing this for over a month now..confused!! PLEASE HELP!

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    You'll get some opinions if you open your diary.
  • treasurebox1
    treasurebox1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Done*
  • gaia3rd
    gaia3rd Posts: 151
    Options
    Still can't see your diary, but check your carbs as well - not enough of those can also cause weakness/shakiness.
  • treasurebox1
    Options
    Thanks, but my carbs are usually over...maybe I'm getting sick?
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're just tired?

Anyway, that's impossible to answer here.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Your carbs look ok, they don't look low enough to cause problems.

I'm not sure if feeling shakey is a symptom of fat being too low or not, but I can say that your fat intake looks pretty low. I would recommend adding in at least 2-3 servings of nuts or nut butter every day, and cutting down some of the carbs.
  • Sailatsorf
    Sailatsorf Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Eat some almonds. Low in calories, and the fat they contain is the "good" kind. :) If that doesn't help, have your blood sugar checked. You may have an underlying problem (diabetes or other disease) that you don't know about. Hope you feel better!
  • londongirl2012
    londongirl2012 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough sleep, and drinking enough water? Your far intake does seem a bit low try eating some plain unsalted nuts /seeds or using extra virgin oil (any type) on salads/in meals, oily fish e.g. salmon, sardines, herring etc is also a source of omega 3's and vitamin D and you should eat 2 portions a week for optimal heart health.
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I would take a guess at saying you need to up your calories to about 1400. 1200 made me shake as well.
  • chaitrex
    chaitrex Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I get the same thing when I don't eat enough fat, especially if I'm exercising hard. It happened to me in Trader Joe's the other day and I got to go a mission to find a fatty snack...never thought I'd make that a goal.
    But, if you're over on carbs often, your diet's probably out of balance, and you should trade some of those carb calories for fat calories. I ended up getting gluten-free chocolate chip cookies at TJ's that day, and they were delicious, and more fat than carbs. Not exactly health food, but fun. Maybe try adding olive oil to your food throughout the day. You could also take a fish oil or flax seed oil supplement.
  • jenniebean1680
    jenniebean1680 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I would take a guess at saying you need to up your calories to about 1400. 1200 made me shake as well.

^THIS.

also, swap any nonfat dairy you use for full- or low-fat. Nuts, nut butters. Stuff others have said.
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    1200 cals is far too low!!
  • treasurebox1
    Options
    Do you see how last nite I grabbed peanuts and an oz. of 2% cheese? Then I felt better but..CALORIES!! I do take fish oil supp. daily 3 x's. Yes, trying to cut down carbs and get in more fat is challenging! Especially when trying to stay under calorie # for daily goal. WOW. So complicating! I want to thank u all for all the help and any advice is appreesh!!
  • treasurebox1
    Options
    I agree and will incorporate low fat dairy instead of non fat.
  • paularavenhill
    Options
    Hi I just joined the site so it's all new to me.

I seem be be able to clock up the 1200 calorie intake in no time but I'm always under in my fat. I read on some site that 1 gram of fat is equivalent to 9 calories. Would anyone know it substituting calories for fat would effect weight loss?
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    How did you decide 1200 was where you should be?

What is your BMR & TDEE? If you don't know - educate yourself and go here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Don't sabotage your weight loss goals by trying to undereat and expect results. Feed your body about 20% under your TDEE, and you will not be shaky, and you will lose weight.

Slow and steady is the way to go. (Especially if you want to sustain your weight loss!)
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Your carbs and protein goal look ok but the fat is low at 21g. I'd look at going to 1400 cals and having the extra 200 as healthy fats. I felt weak and shaky on even 1400. Eventually settled on 1700 when I'm active. Right now I'm eating 1400-1500 but very inactive due to illness.

Zara
  • duger
    duger Posts: 2
    Options
    It looks like it's been about a year since you've been on-line, but...... when was the last time you had a full physical, with a full blood workup?

I had this same issue a number of years ago, and it ALWAYS happened shortly after eating too many CheeseIt's [ lol!! God knows, I love 'em]. All that processed flour is converted immediately into sugar in your system, and it's really unhealthy [too many carbs]. A normal body can handle it, without any notable change [other than putting on lbs], BUT.... [and this is a BIG "BUT"]....if you have a glucose intolerance as I did, that will tell you immediately why you sometimes get real shaky, and/or light headed after eating too much of the wrong food. Not at all trying to scare you, but seeing your doctor, and getting a full chem/blood workup is essential for good health, and at least once a year.
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    How do you know how many grams of fat you're consuming when you are not logging what you eat?
  • paularavenhill
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. I wanted to loose 2lb per week and when I entered my weight and height, the system generated the 1200 calorie total per day. As my profile is set up now is there a way to change my details to enable extra calories?