Portion sizes are EVIL

Options
Hey everyone,
was just wondering if anyone else struggles with stopping at a recommended serving? 'Cos to be honest... if I open that block of chocolate there isn't gonna be any stopping at 4 squares.
Actually, that kinda sums it up. Who else out there finishes the packet? And how do you stop?

Replies

• rebecca_d35
    Options
    Oh, I stop after the recommended portion. And I carefully wrap it and put it back in my drawer/cupboard.wherever. And then 37 seconds later, I walk back and polish it off.

Oh, well.
  • tekhipee
    tekhipee Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't it be nice if most of the food we purchase is sold in individual size servings. I see that some companies are making it available.

Corporations > Insurance > Pharmaceuticals>Food Manufacturers/Suppliers>Consumer = Money Hogs

To break it down, we are encouraged to remain uneducated and unhealthy for the top dogs.

It's very sad
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    it depends on what it is, how I feel that day, etc. If I don't have the calories available to eat the whole thing (I mean maintenance calories too - even if I go OVER my MFP goal as long as I don't go over my maintenance I'm doing good right?) then I won't open it.