I don't even want to know...

Options
...How many calories I am over my daily intake today.
LATE NIGHTS ARE KILLING ME!!!
I do SO well all day long, eat well, exercise, and honestly if I take one bite of food after dinner or into the later evening, it's O.V.E.R. All I want is carbs and cookies and ice cream and naughty things that make me wake up feeling like hell.
I'm like machine and I can't stop!!!
I need a new distraction or game plan or something.
This is the 4th time I've binged this week!
Poop.:grumble: :laugh:
What do you do when you feel a binge coming on?
I've come so far, and now I'm slipping.
-OB:flowerforyou:

Replies

• rkwestfall
    rkwestfall Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I do SO well all day long, eat well, exercise, and honestly if I take one bite of food after dinner or into the later evening, it's O.V.E.R. All I want is carbs and cookies and ice cream and naughty things that make me wake up feeling like hell.

I would get rid of all ur junk food in the house...so there is no temptations...

if u end up snacking still...at least its not junk!

Hopefully u find something that works for you :happy:
  • Kristi82
    Kristi82 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Agreed rkwestfall!
    I try not to keep any junk foods in the house. In the past I have been very bad for the late evening binge. The only way to cure it is keep the food out! I often find myself looking in to cupboards or fridge after dinner and end up with a cup of tea instead now. If I do keep any snack type "bad" foods, I buy the small portion, low calorie ones. But make sure to stop at one!
  • truedecember
    truedecember Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hey I just wanted to say you are not alone. I've had a few pretty bad days this week too.... and by pretty bad I mean REALLY bad... imagine working in an ice cream shop and having a binge! Yeah... not good. I'm just glad to see I'm not alone on this! Let's both promise to make tomorrow a GREAT day and stay away from junk food!! And I'd love to hear more advice about this as well! I hate that feeling like you've undone everything you worked so hard for...

Here's to a new day!:drinker:
  • Shinemaria
    Shinemaria Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    oh my gosh i just ran into this tonight - instead of having a 500 cal. deficit today, i have a 200 cal SURPLUS.....ugh. cookies kill me. esp when my sister is eating them too - why do the yummiest kinds always have to be the worst?
  • Bella_Luna
    Options
    A trick I learned that seems to work for me is to brush my teeth either right after or soon after eating dinner. In my experience, when I'm full and satisfied from dinner and my mouth is minty fresh and clean I don't feel much like eating just to eat. If I do get the late-night munchies and know I shouldn't be consuming more calories I drink a bottle of water and pop a piece of fruity-flavored sugarless gum. If you have some calories to spare, air-popped popcorn makes a great guilt-free snack :flowerforyou: Good luck, I know the late night eating is a really tough habit to break!
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    if its in the house, i WILL eat it, get rid of it!

you dont need it :flowerforyou:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I agree to only have healthy snacks in the house. Also analyze why you are eating at night. Are you truly hungry? Could a glass of tea and a piece of 35 calorie toast with a spoonful of peanut butter hold you over? If you are truly hungry, consider upping your calories by 100 and having that snack of a light carb and protein combo to fill your tummy. Work it into your plan and look forward to it. Savor it and let it satisfy you. Yes you might slow your weightloss a tiny bit (doubt it), but in the long run adding one hundred planned calories of a healthy snack is much better than mindless binging of 400 or 500 calories of junkfood.
  • yentasdoitbetter
    yentasdoitbetter Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    i have this book called "prescription for nutritional healing" and it says for late night snackers...

your body may be craving (cant remember the name, the same thing in turkey that makes you tired). your body cant tell you what its craving so it just says I NEED SOMETHING, thats why you want to eat at night. it suggests eating a turkey sandwich or some kind of turkey throughout the day and see if you still have those late night cravings.

i get those same late night cravings so i keep deli turkey in the house at all times. when i get that craving, i grab a couple of slices of turkey with a small glass of water. try it for a few nights and see what happens. they started coming out with deep fried "thanksgiving style" deli turkey..tastes exactly like thanksgiving turkey! its YUMMY! turkey is low fat and you wont have carbs sittin in your body overnight.
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I had junk food cravings all day yesterday. I gave in last night and enjoyed the snack and didn't even care.
  • OliveBranch
    OliveBranch Posts: 104
    Options
    Thanks, everyone, for replying.
    It means a lot!
    I truly appreciate it.
    All I can do is move on to a new day!
    Good luck to all who struggle with it too!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I plan for a late night bowl of ice cream. No sugar added, my favorite flavor. I buy a 1/2 gallon and allow myself 1/2 cup every night for the week. If I run out, I must do without.

I force myself to wait for it...no snacks or other tidbits, except water. Then I make a production out of getting ready and then serving it to myself. I leave the kitchen with my fancy china bowl and napkin, sit in a favorite chair and watch a last show before bed....

It's not great to eat just before bed, but it helps keep me from binging or snacking in the meantime.