Lunch Ideas

Options
I will eat anything (hence why Iam the way I am lol) but I have been packing BORING lunches and finding I am super hungary as it is not much to be honest. I am looking to stay within 300 cals....lets get some ideas:)

Replies

• Hattiejean
    Hattiejean Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sounds odd, but tuna mixed with a bit of corn salsa, and I put it on pita bread triangles. Top it off with 2 cuties, and sparkling water...keeps me filled up till snack at 3 :)
  • charis77
    charis77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How about unwhiches? Lunch meat on lettuce instead of bread. Add avocado spread, sprouts, cucumber or any other veggies you like. Cottage cheese would be a good low fat/low carb side.
  • KAB0
    KAB0 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Celery and Hummus with lunchmeat, for under 300 cal you can get quite a bit of meat (or a grilled chicken breast).
    The hummus brings a rich flavor that makes it seem like more...
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    i usually pack a sandwich and a peanut butter jelly snack along with a banana or string cheese or boiled egg
  • erincampbell9
    erincampbell9 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have this for breakfast or lunch: light yogurt, add something crunchy like bran flakes, any cereal, etc. then I add a cut up banana (you could do berries too). It is right around 300 calories depending on exact ingredients.
  • nikkicormier82
    nikkicormier82 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Chunky soup to go!!! plus a piece of fruit. For all of that it is under 300 calories depending on the fruit you have....I had the chicken and sausage gumbo today and the beef on Tuesday. It filled me up and it is surprisingly good for you.

Also, leftovers are always a good idea for lunch. If you have chicken leftover, throw it on a salad. Yum!
  • cajunbuderfly
    cajunbuderfly Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I bought a cook book 300 under 300...by Hungry Girl.. I love it...they are simple and fast !
  • ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I love soup!! Plus it's easy to pack. I'll make a pot of soup on Sunday afternoon (Like this one, my current fave: http://smittenkitchen.com/2012/01/carrot-soup-with-miso-and-sesame/) and then portion it into mason jars. Then all I or the boyfriend has to do is grab one on our way out the door. It's fast and filling.
  • afrikat
    Options
    I also like soup - I make up massive batches of lentil soup and portion them up for the freezer - I take them into work still frozen so they can't spill then just defrost / warm them up in the microwave. If you don't have access to a microwave you could get a good thermos flask and warm it up in the morning.

I also like to make a mix of cous cous and tuna with loads of veggies and a few pine nuts. Very filling and yummy.
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Just had this for lunch yesterday. You can use a lower calorie/ lower carb tortilla or use less meat to keep it under 300 calories.

Chicken & Avocado Wrap
    Serving: 1

Calories: 317, Carbs: 24g, Fats: 12g, Protein: 26g, Sodium: 506mg, Fiber: 5

Ingredients:
    1 soft taco sized flour tortilla
    4 oz. cooked chicken thigh, cut up
    1/4 of a small avocado
    1/4 cup fresh baby spinach (regular fresh spinach will work as well)

1. Mash up avocado and spread onto the center of the tortilla.
    2. Scrunch up spinach and add to the center of the tortilla.
    3. Add cooked chicken.
    4. Roll if desired, or eat like a soft taco.

Enjoy! This can be messy, but is very yummy.
  • marhea
    marhea Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ahi tuna steak from trader joes is 120 calories per fillet, bake it then you can add basmati brown rice1/2 cup, some stir fry mushroom, brocoli , i love to use chili pepper on top of my rice it helps with your metabolism, drink water and green tea, believe me you will be full! Everything less than 300 calories...