Cake made from Salad???

Options
...i know right it sounds to good to be true....lol...

so...a couple years ago i was joining a gym that just opened up and they had a lady there that was handing out samples of cake that was made of just salad/veggie stuff...and OMG it was amazing !!!! ive been tryin to find it online and cant fine the directions anywhere, does anyone know what im talking about? haha

Replies

• hofficoffi
    hofficoffi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It would be easy to do........ If you have a cake ring you could just layer up vegetables and salad in it to look like a cake? Like cooked potatoes, slices of cucumber, peppers, carrots etc, different flavours like low fat cream cheese etc etc and just keep layering it up. If you wanted it to look like it was iced you could 'ice' the outside with cream cheese and then decorate it with carrot flowers (they're really easy to make just youtube them) or whatever you fancy xx
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Check this out to see if this is what you are talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9niBIGbHLyo
  • AutumnsPassage
    AutumnsPassage Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Search vegan raw cake recipes, you might find something similar.
  • swtbrandy
    Options
    humm to be honest im not sure what im looking for i just know she said it was all veggies haha.but it was sweet, tasted just like normal cake and had frosting and everything lol
  • hofficoffi
    hofficoffi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You can make sweet sponges with beetroot, courgette and carrot in... the icing would prob be cream cheese with sugar in. I use courgette and carrot alot in my cakes, makes them super moist! xx
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I've not heard of that before, but that's the kind of veggies I could get used to!