reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Tomato
    Different fresh fruit
    Salt and pepper
    Sliced cheddar cheese
  • marathongirl11
    Options
    I like mine with sliced green olives! Or, avocado & a bit of parmesean cheese. I also use black pepper with both combos :smile:
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    On a hot jacket potato, with baked beans, or on ryvita crispbreads.
  • narrington77
    narrington77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Dan Noonan - My staple breakfast at the moment is spreading some peanut butter onto toast and topping it with some cottage cheese.

OMG how funny that's what i used to do.. i'd take some whole wheat toast, top it with almond butter and cottage cheese and drizzle honey on it.. then sprinkle some ground flax seed. was my fav breakfast for a while.

I also would mix CC with tuna and put it in my salad or even as a sandwich...

i used to take cucumber slices and top them with hummus and cottage cheese..

i used to do a lot with CC b/c it had a lot of protein. would eat it with whatever i could.
  • km_jenn
    km_jenn Posts: 107
    Options
    Oh my! so many great ideas I don't where to start! :bigsmile:

I would have never thought of some of this, but sounds great! Thanks everyone!
  • JustLena75
    Options
    I love it with tomatoes and salt & pepper. I love to top pineapple, strawberries, or peaches with it. I love it plain though too. With garlic pepper! Yum. I am a cottage cheese-o-holic. It's pure protein too!!!!
  • smj8380
    Options
    I eat it with salt and pepper. Try dipping some crackers in it, that is also good.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I like it "savory" - pepper, garlic powder, tomato, cukes, dill pickles <--mmmm, I don't care for it sweetened or with fruit. I like to put a scoop of it right in the middle of a salad sometimes.
  • viclee1
    viclee1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I actually like it just plain, but sometimes mix it up, there's lots of good suggestions on here. One more to add, mix it with salsa and eat it as is or with chips (healthier choice of chips or pretzels)
  • mandygal13
    mandygal13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    An MFP friend of mine here (keeponkickin) recently put on some hi-protein smoothie recipes with cottage cheese. I've made several and they are good. I don't have the recipes with me, but I think she put them on the recipe board. Cottage cheese, milk, protein powder, and pudding mix. YUMMY
  • trishdhumphrey
    trishdhumphrey Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love mine with tomatoes and lots of black pepper!

Me too. I love it that way :)