Cutting all carbs?

Options
I'm trying to lose five pounds in two weeks to hit my first milestone of five pounds total weight loss so far. Both my mother and I are trying to lose some weight before we take a trip to the beach in two weeks, and we're both deciding to cut out carbs except for a select few whole wheat carbs. My question is how do I keep myself away from them? My brother likes to eat tons of unhealthy junk food that I swore off for my new diet, and I find it difficult sometimes to *not* eat the stuff he's eating.

I have a second question, is a rice cake considered a "Bad" carbohydrate?

Any help to me would be great!

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Willpower

And labeling carbs or foods good or bad, (with the exception of synthetic trans fats) without looking at how they fit into the context of your total diet is silly

If you just want to "lose" 5lbs and see the scale move you can easily manipulate water balance to move the scales, but it's just temporary
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    the only "good" carbs are veggies--complex carbs

simple carbs are the ones you want to stay away from, which is pretty much everything else (including fruit) BUT i do encourage eating fruit instead of that rice cake-- has A LOT more nutritional value than the cake
  • kenzmiester
    kenzmiester Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you drastically limit carbs you will lose a phenomenal amount of weight. For example if you keep it under 20 net carbs per day after 3 days your body goes into ketosis and you can lose an amazing amount of weight in a short time! Before I ever heard of mpf I lost 56lbs in 4 months last year following this plan. (and I didn't even exercise) Atkins is the only diet that actually seems to work for me and it worked amazing. However people who have type O bloodtype is what is best for Atkins lifestyle. You have to be VERY careful on Atkins (low carb,high protein diet) because if you don't keep track thouroughly you will have a negative effect and GAIN weight.(and lots too) but if you do it properly and follow it you will have amazing results.(keep in mind that Atkins works best for people with blood type O) Also keep in mind that if you do incorporate exercise you can really lose a lot of weight! And I am human and I have myself the odd cheat day(or weekend) haha but I absolutely reccommend this lifestyle to anyone! It might be a little hard to stick to but if it is what you have made up that you want then that will help. Good luck!
  • auditorz
    Options
    Eat Bacon and Eggs for breakfast, then you will be full and no carbs! Find as many dead animals as you can and eat them throughout the rest of the day.