Fitbit and Exercise

Options
Ok...today is my first day of using Fitbit and I have a quick questions. Does the activity info from my Fitbit automatically download to MFP or do I have to manually enter that? I really love MFP and want to keep using that to track all my info but I'm confused on how to incorporate the Fitbit info into MFP. Thanks for the advice.

Replies

• CCChaos625
    CCChaos625 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    if you have them linked they will automatically update- and just rename the activity later. Just remember to record the activity by holding the button and then shutting off when done.

I have had my fit bit for 3 weeks now and keep forgetting about one or the other- lol

Good luck & have fun!
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options
    When you dock your FitBit it will update their site with your exercise information. Record your eating/calories on MFP. The two sites talk to each other (assuming you granted those permissions when you set up your accounts) and you will get credit on MFP for exercise that exceeds your daily basics. In other words, on MFP you will only see credit for exercise if it is above what you diet requires for the day -- anything under and you will not see any FitBit info. for that day. I use the FitBit daily as well as MFP and have lost 5 lbs. using this combination in just a few weeks. Other combinations didn't seem to be nearly as effective.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit!!!!!

Back to topic, if you link your fitbit account and your MFP account, they will share data between them. It will automatically adjust your calorie expenditure when you sync. (Within some time, not always immediately!) I use my fitbit to record the start time of my workout for entering it into MFP, since I use a HRM to get my calorie expenditure during workouts. That way I don't get BOTH the adjustment and the exercise calories. A pretty nifty gizmo!
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I just let the fitbit track my movements during the day, and it syncs with MFP automatically. You can override it, but I don't bother .... it works for me OK doing it automatically. You will see that you get extra cals added as 'exercise' without logging anything - as long as you are moving about a lot of course!!

There is a group called "fitbit users" where there is a lot of info on previous posts, and where you can ask questions of many other fitbit users ...... check it out when you have a mo :happy:
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit too! Remember to only log your info into MFP and not Fitbit!!! Otherwise you will get double the results. FB will automatically sync and record your info from MFP. I use the start/stop when working out and only to track my workouts using weights...for cardio, I too, use my HRM (far better accuracy). Hope this helps!
  • 1_Happy_Camper
    Options
    If you go to the "tools" tab in MFP you will see a place to link your fitbit to MFP. I have had a fitbit about 3 weeks. To see how it works, sync the fitbit one day in or near the USB connection, wait a bit and see how big a "fitbit adjustment" it makes under the exercise tab. then go and enter your cardio workout for the day and be sure to use accurate start times and durations. after a while the fitbit adjustment will automatically reduce so your calories burned aren't counted twice for the same activity.
  • suzy45
    Options
    Thank you so much! I'm excited and can't wait to start seeing the results like you all have! :)
  • Incredmrse
    Options
    I am in LOVE with my fitbit, and in the beginning it was double counting my calories until I figured out how that it should just be based off of the fitbit dashboard, which is more accurate to your intensity and effort.
  • CCChaos625
    CCChaos625 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me if you would like support and any other help I may be able to give to you