Women with PCOS let's buddy up!

Options
Hi,

I've had weight issues my whole life. I have PCOS ( Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome -- sounds way scarier than it is). It makes weight loss very difficult. I've found that the Insulin Resistance Diet (look it up on Amazon.com) helps quite a bit, so if you have it, check it out. I lost a little weight now, but want to find some fellow PCOS sufferers that want to buddy up to help each other keep motivated to loose weight. Send me a friend invite on the app if you need a buddy like I do! Thanks!

3841482.png

Replies

• ladyk1985
    ladyk1985 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey!! Im kim. I also have pcos and understand how frustrating it is. I had my little boy nearly 2 years ago and started to put on alot of weight,have irregular/missed periods and moods like ive never known,which lead to my diagnosis. Im getting married in 4 and a half weeks and am desprate for another little one but have been advised to lose weight before i can start treatment.
    It would be great to give each other some support and hopefully meet our goals
  • misskgb
    misskgb Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey girls, I'm in the same boat! Trying to tame this naturally (been down the metformin road before) Feel free to add me! Slow and steady wins the race!
  • NancyMarie13
    NancyMarie13 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Can you inbox me that link for insulin resistance meals?

I also have PCOS, unfortunately! But I am seeing great results with just working out and medicine! Add me ladies and we can talk more!
  • southernyankee716
    Options
    I have PCOS too. Actually, there are a lot of us here on MFP. I sent you a friend request and ladies, please feel free to add me as well. We all have out struggles but there are several women on here who have lost 50+ pounds so YOU/ WE can do this!
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I've been diagnosed formally for almost a decade. I'm working hard on what the dietitian gave to work with and it works. We also have a group on here for PCOS women to come together and vent their frustrations and also brag about their positive dealings with it.
  • Bethelysa
    Options
    PCOS here too! Which makes losing weight sooooo challenging! Would love to buddy up with some other PCOS-ers.
  • TheBauhausCure
    TheBauhausCure Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS! Makes losing weight such a pain...
  • chippy83
    chippy83 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    There's a PCOS group w/ 400+ members... It's called "PCOS Cysters Losing Together".

PCOS is a *kitten*! Good luck in your journey, handling the good days and bad ones!
  • ginger531
    ginger531 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I've been diagnosed with PCOS since I was 16. 6 years of battling with this has been a chore, to say the very least. I've finally decided to take my weight loss seriously, because I don't want this condition to control my life. I know that in comparison to most people, some of us will have the hardest time losing weight because of our condition - but that doesn't mean it's impossible. Every pound lost helps... I want to be healthy for the day (hopefully in the near future) when my husband and I decide that it's time for us to start trying to have kids. I know it won't be easy, but I can at least plan ahead and make things easier on myself in the long run...

I'm so proud to see a 'sisterhood' of women out here who struggle with the same thing, but aren't letting it rule them. You're all such beautiful and capable women - and it inspires me to keep pushing through the tough times despite this 'handicap.'

Keep rockin' on, ladies!! Feel free to add me :)