Increasing Calories...

Options
How do you "eat more" without going over on carbs or sugar?!
Struggling with this.

Replies

• scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I don't. I just make sure my p/c/f ratios stay the same no matter the cal intake.
  • orodee
    orodee Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Bump!
    Would love to see opinions on this.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I ignore the sugar guideline; in fact, I think I manually increased it. I eat only a small amount of added sugar, and I'm not willing to freak out over fruit or dairy sugars.

And I eat more protein and fat (especially nuts). A lot of both. I still keep my carbs lowish (shoot for 130 or under).
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Feel free to check my diary......not too many processed foods and I dont indulge too much in the breads, though I have it sometimes. Yes, I don't track sugar, but I do track carbs. Fruits and veggies are important...
  • andiimarie
    andiimarie Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Eating more can mean either eating a higher volume of healthy lower caloric food, or adding in a little bit of higher calorie healthy food. It may be easier to do this by dividing your calories and macros up and having a target for each meal or snack. You want to be sure that you are getting the calories and nutrients and not just taking in empty calories. I'm always on the look out for good sources of protein and I try to shy away from things that have lots of carbs and no protein.
  • marchegt
    marchegt Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Same here!! I wind up under my calorie goal of 1400 (sometimes at 1100!!!) because I dont want to go over my carbs or sugars. However, my carbs and sugars are mainly (90% of the time) from fruit, veggies, rye bread (small amounts), beans, nuts, brown rice etc. SO frustrating when my mind is telling me its okay but my self-esteem is telling me DON'T DO IT DON'T GO INTO THE RED ZONE.
  • betholiver
    Options
    good question
  • tiffanydawnn
    tiffanydawnn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Eat protein.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Eat more lean proteins, and healthy fats - avocado, olives, salmon, coconut oil
  • c_armbrust
    c_armbrust Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i would def eat more protein. And also i would just eat more meals with out sugar or carbs, such as chicken and turkey.and if you do eat chicken or turkey, dont eat it on bread, eat it plane w a side of veggies or rice or something. and eat lots of veggies, cause carbs from veggies are not bad. and if you wanna eat sugar, eat fruit. fructose, or sugar from fruit isnt bad for you either. there are lots of ways to do it. hope i helped
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Increasing calories without going over carbs? I don't think protein or fat counts as carbs.

s223813421.jpg
  • pukekolive
    pukekolive Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    protein powder, snacks cookies?

I add a scoop of powder to breakfast cereal, porridge etc and that brings up my calories/protein ratio. Also I cook a chicken breast and use it for a protein snack during the day. I have heard snacks of nuts and seeds also help.