Skinny 5'6 Ladies (read:) )?

Options
Okay so I'm 5'6, small body frame. want to weigh 118lb. any one else aiming to be a thin size at 5'6? Anyone who already got there? Pictures? thoughts? I checked a website and side my ideal weight is 117. i might lower to gw by a whole stinkin pound but im not sure.

Replies

• brighteyesxluv
    brighteyesxluv Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    oh pwease D:
  • NanaMagoo
    NanaMagoo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    ****bump
  • PoochPottery
    Options
    IMO what you will find is that when you start getting into the lower 130's upper 120's your loss will slow down. Your body may fight you to get that low and if and when you do get that low it will be hard to stay there.

My suggestion is start with a weight in the middle of our height (I say our because I too am 5'6"). Shoot for 133 or 130, that is right in the middle. Once you get there see if you can maintain that weight for a good 2-3 months comfortably. Then try cutting calories again and see what happens. You might find that you are happier and healthier at a weight in the middle.

Hope this info helps :)
  • thin150
    thin150 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Well im 5'7 amd i have a large body frame so i think the lowest I would probably go with out looking sick is around 135 but then again I have never been there. Right now my goal is 150 and then I will go from there :)

You can check this website to look at how people look at certain weight
    http://www.mybodygallery.com/
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I am 5"6 and would look very unhealthy at 118 pounds. I am aiming for 130, but not really concerned with the weight because I am also trying to gain more muscle.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Options
    Well im 5'7 amd i have a large body frame so i think the lowest I would probably go with out looking sick is around 135 but then again I have never been there. Right now my goal is 150 and then I will go from there :)

You can check this website to look at how people look at certain weight
    http://www.mybodygallery.com/

That website is great!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and right now I weigh 135-137. I don't think my body really wants to lose anymore weight. I think this is "the" weight for me. So now instead of fighting to lose ten more pounds or whatever, I'm just incorporating more weights/strength training into my exercise to "tighten" everything up. Pretty much the waist/hips area. :)
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Is 118 not a little low for 5'6? I'm 5'3 and I think that's close to the low end of my healthy weight range.
  • brighteyesxluv
    brighteyesxluv Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    after looking at mybodygallery.com i might actually go lower but im not sure..i have to wait til i get there
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Options
    Why not focus on toning rather than weight?? Skinny can be just as unflattering as fat if you ask me (I'm sure most would agree).
  • BrilliantSugar
    Options
    Technically 118 is on the cusp of being too low for your height, but that's generic BMI. I kinda have to agree with the posters above, just keep working at being healthy but keep perspective on how you feel rather than watching the numbers. As you get closer to your goal you'll probably start to find a weight that works for you best and your initial goal may change. Everybody is different, 118 can look totally different on each person even if they are the same height. Just work out what weight is right for you as you go along, a weight that enables you to have a happy life, rather than relying on a number to make you happy. It's all intuitive.
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and currently weigh 123.
  • springermad
    Options
    I am 5"6 and weigh 49 kilos
  • winonajosephine
    winonajosephine Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    im 5'5 and curently at 158 and want to be back down to 112 (pre pregnancy weight) all of my friends adimantly tell me that they think that is too thin so i've set my goal at 122 for the time being - my friends still disagree, and we shall see from there. I've had unhealthy habbits in the past so they keep an eye on me and made me promise to re-evaluate at 135 - I want to be fit and tonned not skinny - only time will tell...........
  • nicolasara
    Options
    I'm 5ft 6" and aiming for 126lbs. I think 118 is way to low for someone of our height. If I were 118 I'd look ill. I suppose it all depends on your frame though. I think I will struggle to reach my goal as in the past my body tends to like being around 137 (even if I don't). I'm still gonna give it a damn good try though :)
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Im small framed.

My goal is 140lbs. Its what I am going to start with. I hope to build muscle also so I dont really wanna go lower than that.

I think the lowest I would be comfortable at is 130.
  • Ifly4free
    Ifly4free Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 5 and I hit my goal weight of 115 on Jan 24. Sometimes I look at myself and I think maybe I look a little too skinny, but when I go to buy clothes and look at myself with my size 2 pants, I'm happy. It was a goal I set and nothing was going to stop me.
    I may want to gain a few lbs back but I want it to be muscle not fat. So that's kinda what I'm working on now.
    I have always been on the small side, never really gaining alot of weight, so yes people can tell I've lost weight but it wasn't a drastic change. Some people say I look too thin, but I'm happy and that's all that matters.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I am 5'6 and 119 trying for around 117. Although that is low for some people. I got down to 110 once and was way to thin.
    What web site said 117 was ideal?
  • redvelvet_cake
    Options
    I'm 5ft4 and 118 right now. I have a small frame though so I don't really *look* as light as I am. I want to get back to 105lbs or less which is a weight I felt good at.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Is 118 not a little low for 5'6? I'm 5'3 and I think that's close to the low end of my healthy weight range.

No. I'm 5'7" and according to BMI charts, 118 isn't unhealthy for this height.