Shakeology

Options
2»

Replies

• BrittC75
    Options
    Shakeology is made with whole food ingredients.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    35xsuu.jpg
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    thread killer
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    35xsuu.jpg
    LMAO! by the way, someone sent me a sample of the chocolate...nasty, nasty stuff...choked it down but ughhh! My Body Fortess whey from Wal*Mart tastes so much better, lol.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    LOL
    I do like Shakeology and think it has some great stuff in it for a quick meal replacement but it is sooo expensive, it's a shame.
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I have 8 packets of chocolate shakeology with me but there taste awful, can someone give me an idea how to use them, with milk or anything else which will make them taste better.

trash it and get something that you like the taste of and has a better nutritional profile

What could possibly have a better nutritional profile??

Real food for one

Sun Warrior for 2..... If you still wanted a protein powder!
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    35xsuu.jpg

Oh... My.... GOD!!!!:laugh:
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    I enjoy the Butterfinger Blizzard recipe. It's delicious
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    i thought they had a money back policy, even if the bag is empty?
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    i thought they had a money back policy, even if the bag is empty?
    They do but maybe the OP got them from someone else or was past the 30 day return policy.
    ?
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    35xsuu.jpg

Oh... My.... GOD!!!!:laugh:

hehe
  • tru2rt
    tru2rt Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their own taste and what they prefer. Some love shakeology some hate shakeology. But the reason I use shakeology every single day for breakfast is the need to replace a meal because of my busy lifestyle and because of my irritable bowl condition. Before shakeology every day was a miserable day for me but after shakeology i have never felt so better. So for the posters who are making a mockery out of shakeology.....it may not be the best solution for you but for some it changes their lives! And nobody can tell the individuals who lives have changed because of it any different.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their own taste and what they prefer. Some love shakeology some hate shakeology. But the reason I use shakeology every single day for breakfast is the need to replace a meal because of my busy lifestyle and because of my irritable bowl condition. Before shakeology every day was a miserable day for me but after shakeology i have never felt so better. So for the posters who are making a mockery out of shakeology.....it may not be the best solution for you but for some it changes their lives! And nobody can tell the individuals who lives have changed because of it any different.

wow. You got the name in six times in that post.
  • tru2rt
    tru2rt Posts: 39 Member
    Options

wow. You got the name in six times in that post.

Because I refuse to step to your level I will not comment,.
  • ashleynicoleh04
    ashleynicoleh04 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have 8 packets of chocolate shakeology with me but there taste awful, can someone give me an idea how to use them, with milk or anything else which will make them taste better.

I have never tried it but have been told that it tastes awesome with banana, peanut butter, and almond milk. try that!
  • AlexPflug
    AlexPflug Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Back when I tried the "lose weight quick" idea, I bought Body By Vi. I also received a free sample of Shakeology in chocolate and I couldn't stomach it. I poured the whole glass down the drain. I focus now on eating real, healthy food, but since I spent a lot on Body By Vi and I don't want my money to be wasted, I use it now and then for a breakfast or lunch. There are some really delicious recipes for it, since it is "sweet cream" flavor. I don't believe it is as good as other protein powders for an after-workout drink, but when I add chocolate almond milk, strawberries, and ice it makes a great breakfast.
  • harebearva
    harebearva Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm all for anything nutritious, and shakeology certainly has alot of stuff in it. BUT, I agree with all of the posters who say it's overpriced, way overpriced. After looking at the ingredients list it appears to be a whey protein isolate product with a whole food vitamin kicker. I'm sure there could possibly be some healthy aspect to this product but, I believe there are much more cost effective ways to acheive the same thing.

A 5 pound tub of good clean whey priotein isolate is around $50. Thats about 70 servings or a little over 2 months worth. Whole food multivitamins that have alot of the same phyto and antioxidant components can be had for around $30-$40 for a 2 month supply. so we're at around 80-90 bucks for a 2 month supply. That's less than half.

My other problem is the 90 day study they reference. Who funded this study? was it peer reviewed? Where is the study protocol and what were the study parameters? Was there a control group with the same study protocols who did not replace the one meal with shakeology and what was their outcome? Did the 'balanced diet' the participants ate include other cholesteral lowering components such as whole oats. It just all seems like a conveinent marketing angle.

At the end of the day though, it comes down to, Do you believe it works and do you have the money to spend on it. If it works for you, fine. If it's more conveinent, it's OK. But bear in mind that nutrition supplements in general are there for people who have diet deficiencies. A balanced diet of whole foods will contain all the macro and micronutrients the average person needs. I believe the supplement industry is indeed guilty of 'scare tactics' in an effort to convince the average consumer that their results will be diminished without 'their ' product.

Now this is totally my opinion, and I am not telling / suggesting for you to BUY this or NOT buy that.... Just to think about it.
    Hope this helps someone.