Also on day one and nervous

Options
Finally figured out how to add the foods on the tracker and now I really love that thing. I have not tried to lose weight in more than 5 years and I'd really like to get some pounds off before May. Am hoping that once I start seeing the scale go down, I'll get more motivated. I've been cutting back for the last five weeks on sugar and have cut out fast food almost completely (this is going from eating it almost daily and often several times a day). Getting the hang of shopping and packing lunch, but still haven't seen a significant loss yet. Am counting this as day one since I am logging in and tracking now :)

Replies

• Rose200
    Rose200 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Good Luck. If you want it bad enough, you can acheive anything!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    just remember...you didnt gain extra weight overnight...it works the same in reverse...be patient..take measurements...the scale is mean and evil and tells lies from day to day. weigh once a week at the most. focus on yow you feel better, look better, sleep better...

good luck
  • LauraLovesCamp
    Options
    Losing weight is my biggest motivation. Even just a few pounds seem to keep me steaming. Track and Log everything. Get your exercise and it'll happen for you. Reach out when you need support. This community is awesome!
  • misretail
    Options
    Keep going, we are all in the same boat sink or swim I am sure we will all swim, like learning to swim it takes time
  • gldnlark
    Options
    Good luck!

This is such a great site for tracking - and so easy! Plus, there is a lot of support here also. I've been on a little over a week and I am happily obsessed! :happy:

A
  • spapsidero
    Options
    Ur in the right place for encouragement and support. I've got a great group of friends. Add me as ur friend. We can do this together.
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making this big decision! MFP is a great way to see where all your calories are coming from, which helps you make better choices.

I really recommend browsing the message boards and looking for topics that interest you. There are times when I want to make a comment about what I think I know, only to instead be educated on what I now realize I don't know! :wink: :laugh:

Anyway, welcome! I look forward to hearing of your future successes!
  • smalacarne
    Options
    Great support here! I'm on less than a month, but everyone is so nice and helpful!! You will love it, check out Skinnytaste.com. A friend from here told me about it. Easy recipes, I was getting bored with grilled chicken and veggies. :)