Costco vs Sams Club?

Options
i was just wondering what every ones go to items are from costco or sams. i have gone to sams for years, but just got a membership to costco. i am amazed by the produce section there, and all of the natural foods they offer. please, what are your favorite items to keep you on track?

Replies

• Otis08052005
    Otis08052005 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Sam's Club (but Costco probably has the same stuff) - big tub of greens, big bag of broccoli, veggie tray, bags of shredded cabbage, cases of EAS Carb control protein shakes and Pure Protein bars. Protein and vegetables... works for me!
  • MmmDrop
    MmmDrop Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Sam's Club - Apples, boxes of grapefruit, frozen chicken tenderloins, granola bars, and greek yogurt.
  • ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Costco! My inlaws have Sams club so I can take advantage of both, but I prefer Costco for sure. Just went last night got, ground turkey, red peppers, strawberries, raspberrys, spinach, kiwi fruit, avacado, protein powder, pistichios (sp) etc. Love their selection!!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    both
  • loki3981
    loki3981 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Sam's - baby peppers, mushrooms, apples, ground turkey, chicken breasts, pork tenderloin, grapefruit cups, crystal light mix, romaine lettuce hearts, onions, sweet potatoes, I can totally keep going...
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Costco! My inlaws have Sams club so I can take advantage of both, but I prefer Costco for sure. Just went last night got, ground turkey, red peppers, strawberries, raspberrys, spinach, kiwi fruit, avacado, protein powder, pistichios (sp) etc. Love their selection!!

I piggybacking on to your list:

Whole grain sandwich rounds, farro, Choblani Greek yogurt, egg beaters (Kirkland brand), quinoa, low-fat Swiss cheese.

I don't know how I could afford to eat healthy if not for Costco (even though their prices have really gone up in the last 6 mos).
  • WinwillLose
    Options
    Love Cost Co...love the bags of mini bell peppers. I add those to everything or make a meal of them with hummus. Also, the bag of mini cucumbers. When I don't have enough time to make a salad I can just grab some whole veggies and run out the door for work. So much cheaper for organic than other places, and look for the chicken burgers in the meats section...yummy on a sandwich thin and a quick low cal meal with some veggies and avacado for MUFA under 400 cal for a meal.

And the greek yogurt.
  • dreanance
    Options
    Costco- Quinoa, rolled oats, farro, apples, brussels sprouts, bell peppers, light english muffins, pretzel thins, sometimes mango, kiwi, organic soy milk, and junk for the dogs :)
  • Tnrbeaner
    Options
    I looove Costco! I always get a tub of salad greens, blueberries, apples, baby cucumbers and avocados. Two tubs of the Mountain High plain yogurt (it's fabulous!), a bag of pecans, almonds or walnuts, a jar of almond butter, a bag of quinoa, agave nectar and a bag of the frozen Kirkland chicken breasts that are individually packaged. For some reason, I'm more apt to prepare the individually packaged chicken breasts on a weeknight as they thaw really quickly and nicely in a bowl of water, vs. trying to thaw them in the microwave, I never like that result.. I think that about does it.. : ) ohh and coffee..
  • nutandbutter
    Options
    Costco- I get Perdue chicken breasts (perfect size), Cytosport vanilla protein powder, gogurt, cheese sticks, egg whites, gummy multivitamin and fish oil for the kids, produce. That's pretty much the must haves on my list from there.

ETA: Also, wild rice and quinoa. And the kirkland dog food.
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    I used to work at Sam's Club, so I am partial to Sam's! I have never been in a Costco. Sam's is great, I think. I don't really need to shop bulk since it is just me, but I when I bought from there, I got oatmeal, bananas, strawberries, and cakes (not healthy, but they have awesome cakes for special occasions!). I also would buy all my soap, deodorant, and allergy pills, and my prescriptions!