One day at a time

Options
Hi everyone,

I am new at this but I am taking it "One day at a time" if you have any suggestions to make this easier and fun, please share it with me. I want to make this a great experience

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]241287.png[/url]
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    look at food as fuel for your body -- something you NEED, rather than want. this helps me SO much when i get the urge to snack.

DONT GIVE IN. tell yourself it will never happen if you dont just DO IT!

NOTHING tastes as good as being fit and thin feels.

hope i helped. :drinker:

good luck, and we're all here for support!:happy:
  • bjd42
    bjd42 Posts: 4
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new as well. The single most important thing that has ever made anything work for me is asking God for help. And second most important is to have a support system. Ask your family and friends to join you to inspire you and have fun in the process.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Here's some tricks and tips:

1. Log all your food ahead of time, so that you can adjust and stay within calories. I had to log the night before so I could stay within goals, if I went ahead and just did it as I went, I always went over in the beginning.
    2. Set your goals as reasonable and attainable. When you reach one goal, move on to the next. For example, when I first started, I put that I would work out 3x/wk for 30 mins. I knew I could do that, and I walked the treadmill. Found out it was fun, increased it, tried different stuff... but the goal has to be attainable. Same for food, setting your weight loss at 2 pounds a week isn't reasonable for a lot of people.
    3. Set yourself up for success. Set mini goals. If you have 100 pounds you should lose, and that number seems impossible, set your goal at 5, 10 or 20 pound increments, even in your ticker. Set up rewards for yourself when you reach that goal, mine was a massage at the first 20 pounds.
    4. It's not a diet it's a lifestyle change. So you can't just stop eating all the "good" junk you've been eating - the key is moderation and balance. Sure, you can have ice cream once in a while, as long as you have the calories for it or work it off first... and eat a serving, not the whole pint. If that means you have to buy it in the single serve cups, then do it.
    5. If you have weaknesses, get rid of those temptations. My hubby's is chips, so we don't have them around, he can't eat just a handful or a serving, he'll eat the whole bag. So we just don't have them around. Even though I won't eat the whole bag and rarely eat chips at all, it's just easier for him to not have them. Sometimes I buy him the 100 calorie bags and stick one in his lunch, so he has the "chip" desire fulfilled without it blowing his diet. My kids are very skinny and need high fat stuff, and eat a lot of sugar. So I still buy them treats - but I buy stuff I dont' like. For example, if I bought them Oreos I'd eat them all. So I buy them the off brand version, they love them, I'm not interested in eating them at all.
    6. Sometimes you just want to eat SOMETHING, make sure you have something you can have. Cut up veggies and put in snack bags, or a serving of almonds in a snack bag, so you have something you can grab and eat right away.
    7. This is a learning process, you'll make mistakes, you'll go overboard at some points, just learn from the mistakes and move on.
  • sjrueda10
    sjrueda10 Posts: 6
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I am listening :flowerforyou: :heart: :love:
  • sjrueda10
    sjrueda10 Posts: 6
    Options
    I am going to follow your advise, thanks :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: