fitbit monitors

Options
2»

Replies

• beutlerr
    beutlerr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had the fitbit for 90 days but took it back since it seemed cumbersome to remember and keep in my pocket. I was also afraid I would lose it. I did like the stair function - I will probably get the nike fuelband when I can buy it for the normal price. My dietition has told me NOT to count the calories I exercise and more food I get to eat - she said while I am losing weight that I need to concentrate on eating the required amount of calories to not gain weight -
  • rskolin
    rskolin Posts: 1
    Options
    The Nike Fuel Band definitely looks cool. But from what I have read and seen so far, it doesn't even compare with the Fitbit. For one, it measures "Nike fuel", which is a metric that Nike came up with. So if you work out and get 22,000 Nike fuel points, what exactly does that mean? The other things it measures are calories burned and steps; no stairs, distance or sleep. It's worn on the wrist, so the measurement you get is from how much you move your arm, which questions its accuracy. A question I have about that is, what if you're doing an activity where you aren't moving your arms, like say, cycling, shopping or walking and pushing a shopping cart of baby stroller? Plus, it's $50 more expensive and only works with iOS.