What keeps you motivated??

Options
The following picture (its actually an old I.d card from school) is on my fridge door....

raqepx.jpg

Anytime I reach for anything I am reminded of what I had been and how easy it is to get there again. Please notice the multiple chins !!! And wtf?? I was so big I barely had eyes!!! Lmao...ok but above all this can someone please tell me what is holding up that necklace?? Cuz there ain't a neck in sight! Lol

So this pic was taken today :) ((((sorry no makeup, I was lazy this morning))) but do notice I only have 1 1/2 chins (still working on that half) and look I do have eyes and a neck lol!!!

iykkxz.png
Does anyone else have something posted that they look at daily??

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything posted, but I leave my goal skinny jeans laying out where I can see them in my closet and I put them on at least once a week to make sure that they are not getting tight again.
  • neekz0r
    neekz0r Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Mine is fairly simple; not wanting to get strangled or have my arm hyper-extended. Pretty good motivation.
  • narrington77
    narrington77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    to get back into all my clothes that i bought when i hit my goal the first time, and then to get into a size 8. Always wanted to be in the single digits.. got to a size 10...
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Ironman Texas
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    The way I know I'll feel after a good, sweaty workout. The satisfaction I get from a healthy meal. Remembering the people that have noticed how well I've done so far. The fact that my size XL shirts are tents and size L fits just right. And that black mini skirt hanging in my closet that hasn't fit in about 15 years - Oddly enough... it is STILL in style!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    My progress.

Seeing my reflection as I walk down the hall at work....now (trim, shapely, defined) vs how I used to look (lumpy, dumpy, pudgy).

My clothes fit properly. They hang right, they don't pull at awkward spots, there aren't any creases or folds that shouldn't be there and I can actually wear the smaller, cute sizes (sm or med) instead of the humongeous 2x or 3x I used to wear.

No more spare tire, no tummy looking like I'm still preggers, no rolls on my side bumping against my arms.

I can go the entire cardio class without skipping parts or slacking and I am not so sore the next day.I can lift heavier and heavier weights and I can feel muscle definition under the last layer of fat remaining. I can balance and do kicks and complicated moves that I could not do when I weighed 40 lbs more.

So yeah...

I have more to go. That last layer of fat needs to go bye bye and I want to look amazing, naked. So I will keep at it. For as long as it takes.
  • mrau93
    mrau93 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Initially what got me started and still keeps me going was my best friend. We were both over wight and needed to do something and she has been a great help and couldn't do it without her. more recently however i went for a run with my brother who's about 100 lbs less than me and i started gasping for breath after a quarter mile and he wasn't even out of breath yet.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I look at my profile page on MFP daily because I've listed all of the things I hated about being fat...and when I recall those things, it makes me angry and want to keep bringing the fierce to achieve my goal....living healthy
  • Kathleen_Presnell
    Kathleen_Presnell Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    When I read about people like you! You are an inspiration to me. Your a beautiful person inside and out. I can see me in you. I too look at my "Fat" picture and say, dang girl you need to love you! I do love me now. I got out of the pool yesterday after my workout at the gym and this attractive man stopped me. He said, you are happy and enjoy what your doing? I replyed yes, more happy than ever! I told him how pain is leaving me and I lost 16 pounds since Jan 12th. He told me that I am inspiring! I have never been told that by any man ever! I've trying to be good, a good example at work, for my co-workers. I want to show them I can do this! I put on a pair of jeans I couldn't wear 2 weeks ago. They fit and they are cute. I'm looking forward to the day to shop for new smaller clothes. It's been since I was 19 years old.

My husband loves me the way I am but he knew me back in High School. I want him to see that again. I want to see me again like that. Healthy, happy, in love, able to bend, bike, hike, travel, go on any ride, keep up with others walking, shopping, etc. My dream is being happy all the time...focused and able to keep the weight off because I taught myself new ways of being healthy. This is a journey that will never end. I am learning to be a better cook, lover and friend.

I can't wait to say goodbye to my double chins. Fat neck, fat legs and super fat stomach need to go! When I see my breasts first when I look down and not my stomach first. I can't wait for other changes. This really motivates me.
  • lizzieqi
    lizzieqi Posts: 1
    Options
    I work at a gym so I am constantly faced with 'super models' but also I purposefully sign up to do things that will keep me moving. Like a bike ride or a half marathon (wth was i thinking?) , but I find that if I have a commitment to something it is easier to keep motivated. I know what I once was, but who knows what I can be? The only way I can find out is to keep pushing myself!

But yeah, that working at a gym thing, that is a pretty good reminder to treat myself better...:)