New, 100lbs to lose, and need some good support

Options
Hey guys, I read a lot of these posts and decided to post myself.

I am a 26 year old married man.
6'5" tall
CW: 360
SW: 363
GW: 250

I want to lose weight but know I will need some support. There are people at work that have joined MFP too, and they help, but they aren't in the same class as I am. They are either already fit and trying to gain muscle, or lose 20 lbs. We try to work out after work by walking/jogging for 20-30 minutes, but I can't keep up with them. Also, because I am so big, I am afraid to hurt my knees.

I am just looking for people with similar stories to help me with accountability as well as ideas on working out and healthy eating. It's been a long 26 years of horrible eating and almost single-handedly keeping restaurants in business!

Replies

• visions845
    Options
    welcome and congrats on getting fit and healthy. we are here to motivate and inspire you.

walking is a great starter if you are concern about your knees. but keep in mind you "can" do exercise with modification.

Just as long as you are moving about you will shed the weight :-)

again welcome!
  • craftygirl1975
    craftygirl1975 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey I know how you feel. I am just starting out and I need to loose a lot of weight. I have about 100lbs to go. I found a great website skinnytaste.com that has easy healthy recipies. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Start slow...just begin by learning to eat healthy and if you are as lucky as I have been, your knees will notice that you are doing something healthy and begin feeling better! Mine did by the first 7 lbs...I have felt better than ever and it has helped motivate me...now my big motivator is my clothes are getting so loose!! Lots of NSV (NON SCALE VICTORIES) to be had along the way!!

You will love MFP and how easy it is to lose when you keep your calories at your goal!! As you begin to feel better you will be motivated to add exercise...again, start small and build and you will be losing at a steady rate in no time!!

Log in every day and make sure you look at others' success stories to keep you motivated!!
  • DavesKitten
    Options
    I will agree, seeing how well others are doing is a great way
    to keep my motivated! Good luck, you can do it!
  • ami321
    ami321 Posts: 4
    Options
    i am right there with u! i'm about 5'9 with 180 to drop! we can and will do this!!

is your wife doing this with you? having a partner tends to also help keep u motivated and on track
  • roadworthy
    roadworthy Posts: 130
    Options
    I have nearly 100 to lose by the time I am done. Anyone feel free to add me for extra support.
  • baird3605
    baird3605 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support so far! I like the ideas of modifying working out. I do a speed walk with them and some steps to get my heart going. Also, I stole my wife's 30 Day Shred DVD. I finished level 1, so I was happy about that.

My wife was doing WW, but I talked her into downloading this App. I mean, IT'S FREE! I was the one holding her back, so now that we are on the same page, I hope it'll go much smoother.
  • rachelgoutos
    Options
    I am 5'6" and have about 150 to drop. It takes time, and I am in a very close boat as you. Feel free to add, and I will do my best to help! Also, if you open your diary, that can help to see your eating habits, etc. Best of luck - there's a great group of folks on here, so you've come to the right place.
  • visions845
    Options
    Thanks for all the support so far! I like the ideas of modifying working out. I do a speed walk with them and some steps to get my heart going. Also, I stole my wife's 30 Day Shred DVD. I finished level 1, so I was happy about that.

My wife was doing WW, but I talked her into downloading this App. I mean, IT'S FREE! I was the one holding her back, so now that we are on the same page, I hope it'll go much smoother.

sounds like you are off to a great start. stay focus and if you fall off schedule remember tomorrow will be a new day to start again.
  • candctaber
    candctaber Posts: 274
    Options
    I'm new to MFP and I love it so far! The feedback I have gotten is great! I don't want to lose as much as you, but don't think that matters. We have to be here for each other no matter what situation the other ones are in. Best of luck to both you and your wife in your journey!