Has anyone tried Fitbit?

Options
I am thinking of purchasing a Fitbit. Would love some feedback from other users. Is it worth the money?

Replies

• JWhitakerDVM
    JWhitakerDVM Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My wife and I purchased them 2 weeks ago. I really like it so far. It does make you park farther away from the entrances to stores and restaurants. The sleep monitoring is very interesting. I have linked it with myfitnesspal but have unlinked it in the last few days. It seems to estimate your Fitbit exercise too high. It assumes if you are active during part of the day that you will remain as active until midnight. I had 300+ surplus calories when I went to bed at 11PM and the next morning, myfitnesspal said that I was 100 calories OVER my goal. I do not regret the purchase.
  • trout3063
    trout3063 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I know this doesn't help you make YOUR decision....but I bought two myself tonight...can't wait till they get here!
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I have had mine for a week & love it. It is not as accurate as an HRM for certain workouts though for calories burned but tracks general calories all day
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I :heart: my FitBit!
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    My Dear Hubby and I each have one... and, it is very motivating!!

It is, in essence, a fancy pedometer. It also tracks flights of stairs, so I am trudging up stairs more *grin*

It also comes with a website (oh. yay.), but I prefer tracking here, and just checking in their for my "trophies" and to see how I've slept.
  • lilfurson
    lilfurson Posts: 190
    Options
    I've had mine for a few weeks and wear it all the time. I'm much more conscious of getting up and walking more during the day and going up more stairs. It may just be a fancy pedometer but I really like how it motivates me.
  • valndi
    valndi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Fitbit...well I loved mine. Washed it and ruined it. Their customer service is awesome. I sent them an e-mail and told them what I had done. They are sending me a new one. I should have the new one tomorrow.(Fingers crossed)
    It is a very addictive little gadget!
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for a month and I don't go anywhere without it (except the shower since it's not waterproof). I find it to be a great motivator to get me to move more and especially take the stairs. There's a fitbit users group here if you want more info:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1307-fitbit-users
  • ClaireValenti
    Options
    I love my fitbit too. In fact, two of my friends just purchased them after they saw mine. I literally wear it 24/7.
  • ady8e80
    ady8e80 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOOOOVE my FitBit! I thought I lost it today for about a minute and almost had a heart attack! Sleep tracking is so interesting to see every day.
  • LosingIt2WIN
    LosingIt2WIN Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am a FitBit lover too!!! It really motivates me to move more and that can only help me be healthier.
  • jarrettfam
    jarrettfam Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to get one next week! Cant wait!
  • crimsontech
    crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I love mine and wear it 24/7 since I got it in August. Actually, I got an Ultra for Christmas from my fiance and gave my old one to my mom and SHE loves it. I just bought my fiance one of his own this week.
  • bcsrule
    bcsrule Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I started using mine on 1/30, showed a friend and she got one, then got husband one for Valentines Day and started on MFP, and this week my BFF got one, and started on MFP. I love it!
  • poundsgalore
    poundsgalore Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have had mine for several weeks and I love it!!! It really motivates me to get moving!!!
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit! It's slim and sleek, you can wear it anywhere. I love the fact that I can put it in my pocket or between my bra and wear it at work even though I wear a uniform. It's so comfortable, you'd forget you have it. You probably won't leave home without out. :laugh:
    One time, I was at the airport and forgot I had it on, had to get searched. Didn't remember until the TA agent asked if I had anything in the middle of my bra. I pulled it out and was like, "oh, it's my Fitbit!" :laugh:
  • castaliavt
    castaliavt Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I got mine yesterday and really like it so far. I'm realizing that even thought I work out and thought I was pretty active, that I can definitely use a little work in that area. I like the sleep tracking function too.
  • BreeWilder
    BreeWilder Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I've had my FitBit since January and I love it! It motivates me daily and really makes me move more! I also love that I can conceal it so easily. Definitely one of the best fitness purchases I have made.