40lbs lost! Can't see much of a difference

Options
Hi all,
This is my first time posting pictures, hope it works!

I had an eating disorder in high school, and since then I've tried to lose weight the healthy way, but I keep getting scared of getting back to that unhealthy place so I stop, yo-yo and try it all over again, but consistently gained weight over the years.

I started my journey in May 2011 at 274, I got engaged and really had the motivation to lose weight for my wedding and to be comfortable with how I look. I started eating better, working out, etc. I lost 20, then fell off the wagon mid summer. I started (again) the Monday after Thanksgiving at 261, and now weighed in at 233, the lowest I've been since before my eating disorder.

I've barely gone down a size, I can barely see a difference and am getting a little discouraged. I'm still working on it, and am trying to keep going but wanted to share my loss since 40 is a big milestone! I ideally would like to get down to 174, to lose 100pounds, so I'm just about halfway there.

before-1.png
Before at 274
before1.png
Before
after.png
now at 233

Thanks for all the support in the MFP community, it's really made a difference in my journey!!

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    looks like you got it!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    There is definitely a visible difference in your face! It's hard to tell much else with the different photos, but 40 pounds is awesome either way!!!

P.S. to post images, post like this: [ img ] URL HERE [ /img ] with no spaces.
  • riebees89
    riebees89 Posts: 16
    Options
    Oh my goodness! You look like a different person! Your face has thinned out so much! Great Job!
  • taylorliv31
    Options
    You look great! I see a difference for sure!
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I totally see a difference!
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I totally see a difference!

i concur...the difference is awesome and easy to see
  • tmitchellh
    tmitchellh Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference plus you just look like you FEEL more confident in the after picture!! Be patient and keep up the good work. I kind of had a food problem when younger too so don't ask me how I ever got this out of control myself.....
  • betternowthanlater
    betternowthanlater Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You can see it in your face. Everyone has a place where they lose first. Good work!
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I see the difference!! And you are beautiful! Keep it up, you have the right mindset.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    My glasses Rx is -5.5. Even I can see a difference, and you are doing great! Keep up the good work!!! :drinker:
  • autumnbottom8
    autumnbottom8 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    That last picture is the first time I've seen the difference, but I feel like it doesn't even look like me.
  • lppickard
    lppickard Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I can tell in your face, It is so hard when you have had an eating disorder to see what you really look like. But keeo at it!!!! That is a lot of weight and you should pick up something that weighs 30 pounds just to see how hard you were working before....:)
  • jhageman49
    Options
    Maybe you can't see it, but can't you feel it? don't you have more energy by not having to carry that 40 lbs.? Keep it up, you will get there and your heart, knees and feet will thank you!
  • vabchloser
    vabchloser Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I started around 275 (not with mfp, but by myself)...I found that after I lost about 50 lbs, people started to notice. I'm 5'8". I didn't change much size wise until the 50 lb mark. I mean, when I was overweight, I bought lots of larger stretchy things. Nothing form fitting. I find now, at 202, as I lose 5 or 10 lbs, I see a larger difference.

Keep with it. I know that it's hard, I've been there. But try to see progresses in other places as well, for instance, your fitness level. The reward is there waiting for you. You won't be miserable with yourself the whole time, as you get closer to your goal weight, you will begin to really enjoy the rewards of your hard work.

I can see the loss, and I bet you can too in some of your clothes. Don't stop now!!
  • kori333
    kori333 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I immediately saw a difference in your face. 40 lbs is a great accomplishment! Be proud of your hard work the healthy way and keep going!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!