Calorie heavy "good" foods?

Options
I can't believe I'm actually saying this but.....I'm having trouble making sure to hit my goal of 1580. I think this is due to the fact that I'm trying so hard to stay within my limits, like carbs and sodium.

So what are some good foods that are low in sodium/carbs but high in calories?

Replies

• bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    My personal favorites are almonds and avocados!
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    PB?
  • misskelli03
    Options
    The best tip I have had for meeting calorie goals is to drink them...orange juice is great for meeting calories!
  • vileseagulls
    Options
    I agree with almonds and avocado... and also eggs, whether fried for breakfast or hardboiled as a snack or part of lunch.
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Low carb proteing powder with almond milk. I'm starting to add that in for exercise days to get my calories. I could get the calories from regular food sources, but having trouble keeping my sodium and carbs where I want them. Plus sometimes I just need something fast and easy that I can down on the way to pick up the kids.
  • Fitness_4_Jess
    Fitness_4_Jess Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I like a cup chocolate Silk in the morning and snacking on nuts through out the day. Surprisingly, a lot of fruit and veggies have kinda high calorie counts, but are still yummy!
  • 0RESET0
    0RESET0 Posts: 128
    Options
    High calorie low carb is going to be the fatty foods like nuts and avocado as mentioned. A handfull of almonds will net you a couple hundred calories and has the "good" fats.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options

I don't really get the avocado craze...they're kind of bland to me.
  • abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    nuts in general i would say. and greek yogurt. I eat a good healthy but high calorie breakfast every day. 10 grain hot cereal with greek yogurt a fourth cup of nuts depending on what I have on hand and a fourth cup of raisins. comes out high but filling and good for ya.
  • dport7
    dport7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My diary is open, you might see something you like.
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    cook/sautee veggies in extra virgin olive oil. the oil is great for you and 1 tablespoon is about 120 calories.
    022412 Posts: 11
    Options
    Dark chocolate and butter <3
  • AngieMoore1975
    AngieMoore1975 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Avacado is awesome for you! I make Avacado tomato salad.

Chop an avacado with 1/2 a chopped tomato, add chopped red onion, a grated garlic clove, chopped banana peppers (if you like them) a few dashes of lime juice and cilantro.

You can eat it just like that or use baked tostitos scoops with it. It is super healthy and very delish! :wink:

And nuts too. Almonds or walnuts....
  • jenslife82
    jenslife82 Posts: 229
    Options

I don't really get the avocado craze...they're kind of bland to me.
    Mmmm love em chopped up with salt and pepper and sometimes add other seasonings like garlic onion or Cajun. One of my fav things :) and high in "good" calories
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    nuts, beans, oil (a little is good IMO)