Eating When Bored

Options
2»

Replies

• shelton2202
    Options
    Try putting a sticky note on your pantry or fridge that says "Am I really hungry? or am I bored?" It might catch you before you delve into the snack mode. Hint you have to move it around after awhile since it will become part of the scenery in time!
  • daizylibra
    Options
    I'm also a tea drinker. Just an hour or so ago, I felt the need to snack coming on....

I am into the loose leaf teas lately and I have about 10 flavors now. When I need a little something something, I often go for the chocolate mint tea. Fruity teas often help too.
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Me toooo.
    Especially when I'm up all hours of the night.
    I grab a bottle of water & drink it first.
    If I'm still hungry,
    I'll pop a bag of popcorn or something.
    A lot less calories than chomping away on a bag of chips.
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    I remind myself that I'm trying to lose weight and I've put up a sticky note that has the allotted amount of proteins, fruits/veggies, and dairy that one is suppose to have (according to the health administration) on the fridge so that whenever I feel the urge for something I see that. I also grab a glass of water and drink it whenever I get a craving. Thought process is that if I drink till I don't want it anymore then I help my body flush itself out and I'm getting my needed water. One other thing I do is read when I'm bored or get cravings. If I get involved in a book I don't want to eat.
  • jenslife82
    jenslife82 Posts: 229
    Options
    I heard this great quote the other day: "don't give up what you want most, for what you want now" I repeat it to myself often.
  • Pugluvr1
    Pugluvr1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm not so much a bored eater but have to be doing something in addition to being on my laptop when I'm watching TV. I can ruin a perfectly good day in no time at all just because I'm not able to focus on any one thing. It's weird and I think I will try the water and sticky notes.
    My weakness is peanuts in the shell. The only good thing about it is you can't just eat a handful at a time, you have to break them open. I often wake up feeling soooooo bloated because of all the salt but later that day I'll forget all about that and do it all over again...
    I have no self control. :ohwell:
  • Pugluvr1
    Options
    I heard this great quote the other day: "don't give up what you want most, for what you want now" I repeat it to myself often.

Thanks, I really like that.

My mantra used to be "nothing tastes as good as thin feels."
  • jenslife82
    Options
    I'm not so much a bored eater but have to be doing something in addition to being on my laptop when I'm watching TV. I can ruin a perfectly good day in no time at all just because I'm not able to focus on any one thing. It's weird and I think I will try the water and sticky notes.
    My weakness is peanuts in the shell. The only good thing about it is you can't just eat a handful at a time, you have to break them open. I often wake up feeling soooooo bloated because of all the salt but later that day I'll forget all about that and do it all over again...
    I have no self control. :ohwell:
    Sure you do! We all misplace it from time to time and that's why we ate here. U just need to find it :)
    022412 Posts: 11
    Options
    I stock up on food that takes time to prepare...
    I wouldn't gorge myself on raw bacon, eggs, or vegetables for example

Snacks are fun but if they're impeding your weight loss, big meals are better
  • Jessica1081
    Options
    This is my biggest challenge. Especially when doing homework.
  • jenslife82
    Options

Thanks, I really like that.

My mantra used to be "nothing tastes as good as thin feels."
    That ones not one of my favs.. Mostly because I have 3 preteen girls that I think it would send the wrong message to. And there are lots of healthy things that taste great :)
    I have a bunch of motivational things written down to get me thru tough days.
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    What about substituting for something healthy??? I.e i used to eat ice cream every night, not i freeze kobucha in the freezer, so low calories, great for digestion and yummy frozen snack!
  • lbjs175
    lbjs175 Posts: 1
    Options
    Alot of times its hard to resist so for me its just better not having it around. I have to keep snacks in the house so I keep fruits, nuts and things on the liighter fare for me. When I pick up cake, cookies or ice cream for someone else in the house I buy flavors and types that I do not like. So as I graze around looking for munchies when I am bored most likely nothing I want so I just go on my merry way. Its funny I will still think about it and wish I had something (amazing) but its not there.
  • Pugluvr1
    Options
    I didn't know you could freeze kombucha. Where do you get it?