Brides :)

Options
Hello everyone!
I've been on MFP for a little while now, and have made some progress. I'm 22 and a nursing student about to graduate in May so any progress is good progress in my crazy life right now! I also just got engaged this past weekend! YAY! but now i have a wedding to plan and get in shape for! Ideally i'd like to lose about 20 more pounds!!

Looking for any other brides out there on the same journey i am! Would love some help and support from people going through the same thing! Feel free to add me :)

Replies

• Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hi! My fiance and I are getting married on 8/11/2012! Im sooo excited! We have been together 9.5 years and have three kids together. I feel like ive been saving and waiting a lifetime for this wedding! We had our second two years ago and our third just 8 months ago so I am working really hard to lose all my pregnancy weight. I gave birth in July at 200lbs! Im only 5ft1inch! I felt like the blueberry girl on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Willy Wonka. Ive been on MFP for a month but started getting serious about my weight loss on Jan 9th. I was 177lbs and today I am 162lbs! Thats 15lbs in about 7 weeks! Hoping to continue at this rate for atleast another two months. I am trying my hardest to get to 125lbs by our wedding date and 115lbs by the holidays. Dont know if I want to go any lower than that. So, got another 37lbs to go over a little more than 5 months! Gotta average 7lbs per month.
    What are your goals? Do you guys have a date in mind? Have you looked at any dresses?
    I actually just ordered my dress today! Its the Galante dress by Pronovias. I am making it strapless though.
    Good luck to you!!! Hope you reach all your goals and have a wonderful fulfilling marriage and family with your fiance!
  • Kellster30
    Kellster30 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in May 2013, so I still have over a year before the big day. Getting engaged is what motivated me to finally be serious about losing weight. We got engaged on Dec 11, 2011 and on January 1st I decided that this was going to be the time that I get serious about getting in shape. Since then I've lost 20lbs. The wedding is a HUGE motivation!

PS. Congrats on your engagement!!
  • marcy82
    marcy82 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I too have a goal to fit into the ultimate wedding dress. My fiance aren't getting married until 2015 so I have plenty of time to get there. I am looking to lose about 50 pounds total. So far I'm at 8 but that is only in 3 weeks. So I feel I am doing good so far.
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I am also getting married.. Sept 14, 2013. I have plenty of time to do this, but it would help to have some other brides to help go through this journey with and discuss other fun/stressful things of planning a wedding.
  • april1lowe
    april1lowe Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

I'm 26 and getting married Oct 20, 2012 :) I am in school and will finally be able to apply for the nursing program in the fall. I feel like I'll never be done! LOL

My advice: I already got my wedding dress. The sample I tried on was a 12 and didn't fit in the bust, so I got the 14. Kind of regretting that now. I'm MONTHS from my first fitting and I'm a 10 now :/ assuming I'll be well into the 8s by the wedding. My alterations will cost as much as the dress but it'll be worth it. So wait as long as you can to buy your dress!
  • april1lowe
    april1lowe Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi! My fiance and I are getting married on 8/11/2012! Im sooo excited! We have been together 9.5 years and have three kids together. I feel like ive been saving and waiting a lifetime for this wedding! We had our second two years ago and our third just 8 months ago so I am working really hard to lose all my pregnancy weight. I gave birth in July at 200lbs! Im only 5ft1inch! I felt like the blueberry girl on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Willy Wonka. Ive been on MFP for a month but started getting serious about my weight loss on Jan 9th. I was 177lbs and today I am 162lbs! Thats 15lbs in about 7 weeks! Hoping to continue at this rate for atleast another two months. I am trying my hardest to get to 125lbs by our wedding date and 115lbs by the holidays. Dont know if I want to go any lower than that. So, got another 37lbs to go over a little more than 5 months! Gotta average 7lbs per month.
    What are your goals? Do you guys have a date in mind? Have you looked at any dresses?
    I actually just ordered my dress today! Its the Galante dress by Pronovias. I am making it strapless though.
    Good luck to you!!! Hope you reach all your goals and have a wonderful fulfilling marriage and family with your fiance!

I'm 5'2" and was 197 when I delivered my son in 2009! I totally know what you mean by feeling like the blueberry girl!
  • Adina81
    Adina81 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Getting married 8/22/2012.
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'm not a bride yet...but my boyfriend and I have been together for 5 years on March 23! He bought me a promise ring our first Christmas together. We're currently in college, but I know my family will help pay and I have some extra money being saved up. I've been to a lot of weddings recently and want to lose weight knowing I'll soon be a bride! :D
  • AmberReneeWood
    Options
    I'm a bride too!! My fiance and I got engaged in Feb. 2 and we're getting married Sept. 1. I have 6 months to lose 20 pounds!
  • gymbug813
    Options
    I have been engaged for over 2 and 1/2 years and will finally be getting married this November! I also am a nursing student about to graduate in May, how exciting! Right now it is especially hard because of all of the wedding cake appointments I have been going to but I try to plan for those days :)
    Good luck and happy planning!!
  • Karmynzahringer
    Karmynzahringer Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I are getting married May 19th this year! Its getting so close! I wanted to lose about 35 lbs total, and have lost 17 so far, (11 before I started MFP) and have 17 to go! Ideally I would like to lose another 22 total, but will be happy to hit 140 for the wedding! Good luck! you can do this!
  • tingtawn
    tingtawn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your support girls! We are kinda planning for fall 2013 but nothing set in stone yet. I'm probably going to start the planning after I graduate. I appreciate all the tips and excited to have so many people to to talk to during this time!
  • countrysweetie613
    Options
    I've been engaged for a year in March. We aren't getting married until 2014 so I have plenty of time to lose the weight, but I want to start now so I'm my goal weight to go dress shopping. I won't be doing that until next year, but I don't want to gain all the weight back either. Good luck ladies and enjoy your weddings :)
  • Mel1509
    Mel1509 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I am getting married June 23, 2012! Can't wait :) We got engaged Canada Day and the time has flown by! I am almost at my goal weight, my semstress has advised against losing to much weight as my dress is all french lace, and not the easiest to alter, I pick up my dress in a month so once I try it on again, I might revise my goal another 5 pounds! :) Happy planning!
  • Shadow87
    Shadow87 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married on November 7, 2012 after having dated for almost 7 years ( I was starting to lose hope...) I want to get back to the weight I was when we met, which was 170 pounds...currently I am 219, and when I started last month I was 227... I'm actually using weight loss as a way to de-stress from all the wedding craziness, and so far it has worked...would be great to have some extra support from fellow brides... ^_^
  • Brittni__duh
    Brittni__duh Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married Dec. 21st, 2013 so I also have quite a bit of time to lose weight. I'd like to lose a total of about 40 lbs before my wedding. I'm also a student so I completely understand how crazy everything can get with school and planning. It's so overwhelming but exercise is a great escape for me.
  • Scatterdragon
    Scatterdragon Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    We got engaged on Canadian Thanksgiving and are planning a wedding for June 2013. Feel free to add. I have 44 left to lose :)
  • corastoeger16
    Options
    me me me! : )
  • Devinsmama2309
    Options
    We're getting married Sept 1st! I have 6 months to lose 25-30 lbs. I would love to lose more than that, but not sure it will happen by the wedding! Feel free to add me!