Insanity, P90x, TurboFire?

Options
Which DVD set do you prefer/think works best? I want to start a new workout routine for March because I am bored of the treadmill, just don't know what to choose. Insanity, P90x, TurboFire? Or is there another one that is better?

Replies

• jlebert716
    jlebert716 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Ive done workouts from all of them. On a purely fun standpoint on would go with Turbofire!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I've done P90X and Insanity. If I had to choose one, I'd say Insanity. It was the hardest workout I have every done, but it was Amazing!!
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I am doing Insanity and love it! P90x seems long to me :) thinking about Turbomfire for next winter, I like to jog when it gets nicer out.
  • RestartThisRight
    Options
    im startiing insanity the 18th, ive heard its much better :)
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I like Insanity. I never finished it though with only 2 weeks left. I want to start it over again one day. I tried TurboFire and it looked hard and I wasn't able to keep up. I think I need to spend more time and just get used to it. As for P90X, I haven't tried it yet.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I like Insanity. I never finished it though with only 2 weeks left. I want to start it over again one day. I tried TurboFire and it looked hard and I wasn't able to keep up. I think I need to spend more time and just get used to it. As for P90X, I haven't tried it yet.

Restart Insanity and finish it. You'll thank me later....
  • leojsivad
    leojsivad Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    P90x = More weight training, less emphasis on cardio

Turbofire= Lots more cardio and High Intensity interval Training (Great for shedding pounds)

Insanity =Much more plyometric, but also a cardio BLAST.

I use P90x and turbofire together.

What are your goals for working out?
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    p90x AND turbofire!!! together. if you're looking for something fun and effective, but not a butt kicker right out of the gate ;-) use p90x for the resistance training and TF for cardio!!
  • ksmom27
    ksmom27 Posts: 19
    Options
    TurboFire is fun and can be addicting!
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you want from the workout. I have both P90X and Turbofire and I prefer P90x. TurboFire was fun for a few weeks but I just could not finish it because I got bored from too much cardio.
    I like P90X better because I enjoy the strength routines. For cardio days, I do the Plyo that comes with P90X but I use some of my faves from Turbofire for the other days.
    I also have Brazilian Butt Lift and that gives you the best leg workout you can ever ask for.
  • mrsdobbers
    Options
    I LOVE turbofire!! I'm on week 5 and it's so addictive. It's lots of cardio & there's some choreography to learn, but it's easy to catch on. I do think it depends on what you're looking for and what kind of workout you enjoy best.
  • karisma81
    karisma81 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If you don't have a lot of weight to lose, I would do P90X to get sculpted.
  • Milly406
    Milly406 Posts: 39
    Options
    Thanks! I am pretty toned already and have muscle from doing sports my whole life so I am looking for more of a cardio video with some toning because I'm looking to drop pounds. It seems P90x isn't the one for me...
  • RainbowBrite86
    RainbowBrite86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I am doing TurboFire right now, and it's a blast!

I've done INSANITY, and it's well INSANE, but so amazing :)
  • Milly406
    Milly406 Posts: 39
    Options
    I am doing TurboFire right now, and it's a blast!

I've done INSANITY, and it's well INSANE, but so amazing :)

WOW! Congrats on you're weight loss! That is just amazinggg. Which set did you see better results with?
  • Doors76
    Doors76 Posts: 7
    Options
    I think you will LOVE TuroFire ... especially if you're toned & muscular from sport. P90X was great and the changes I saw were amazing (an this is without having graduated!)
  • 11Jayme11
    11Jayme11 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My husband does P90x, and he loves it. As for me.. im not into lifting right now.. im working on losing and doing alot of cardio. I do a few of his videos Kenpo X is my fav, and I get a great workout out of it... Never tried the others..
  • JudyZ
    JudyZ Posts: 23
    Options
    Thanks! I am pretty toned already and have muscle from doing sports my whole life so I am looking for more of a cardio video with some toning because I'm looking to drop pounds. It seems P90x isn't the one for me...

I was going to say Les Mills Pump until I saw this! I'm doing that one right now and LOVE it! :happy:

So this is easy then...Insanity if you want a more athletic program and Turbo Fire if you like it a little more "dancey". Also, Turbo Fire has a lot of different LENGTH workouts in it...all the way from 15 minutes to and hour (I believe that's the longest...haven't done it in a while).
  • harrietlg
    harrietlg Posts: 239
    Options
    thanks for this guys! i was literally trying to find out which ones better and i see i have my answer! i may not be able to afford the gym in the summer so was thinking of doing these to carry on shedding!
  • ifrit89
    ifrit89 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    definitely P90X, it covers it all