Heart Attack at age 45

Options
Hello everyone i'm new to the site, i had a heart attack on Dec 30 2011 and had stents put in, right now im on a slow road back but am getting there. Right now i can only do a 20 min walk a day with very little exercise but i am determined to go forward and get my weight down and get healthy.

Replies

• jdbaker01
    jdbaker01 Posts: 44
    Options
    so sorry to hear that, hope you have a speedy recovery.....one of my biggest fears!
  • jmulldome
    jmulldome Posts: 69
    Options
    I wish you a strong recovery.
    Even though everyone's goals are different, we all share a similar enthusiasm and wealth of support.

You're amongst friends, and we're all happy to cheer you on.
  • HappyK45
    HappyK45 Posts: 4
    Options
    We are the same age...so this definitely grabs my attention. I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you.
    What is important, is now you are heading in the right direction. So glad you are making this important decision to take of you....and YOU are very much worth it!
    God bless you.
  • papa3x
    papa3x Posts: 286
    Options
    Good luck with that. I had the same issues. I had bypass surgery. My experiennce was feeling much better at 8 weeks.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! MFP does work if you work it! Feel free to send me a friend request! So glad you are recovering!
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    sorry to hear that ... if i can be any help i am here ... feel free to add ... many people here will help you and motivate you .... you took the right step ..
  • peaceinside
    peaceinside Posts: 272
    Options
    So glad you are here!!! Welcome and feel free to add me if you would like some more support and encouragement.
    Peace!:flowerforyou:
  • mrswright80
    Options
    I am so glad you are a survivor and on the road to recovery. Keep moving and know that you have a support group here. You can do it!
  • befitbyjune
    Options
    Wow! What an amazing person you are for getting back at it so soon. Just follow your Doctors instructions and make sure you clear anything new with him or her first. Best of luck to ya.
  • traceyjayne64
    Options
    HI and welcome.
    One of my reasons for starting this was worrying about having a heart attack. My dad was a big man and had a few heart attacks when he was mid 50's...im 48 next week....time to do something.

Good luck to you and keep well :smile:
  • Marina614
    Marina614 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Way to young! YES! take care now and surround yourself with people that will support you. Please feel free to add me as a MFP buddy! Glad you are here and recovering. Anyone else that wants to add me please feel free too :)
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Wishing you a speedy recovery. Im glad you here on this site. We will support you.
  • trevors433
    Options
    Hi I wish you a speedy and healthy recovery. I am new to this site as well this is my first day and first post. I guess we all work on getting healthier together; stay strong.