Burning on the balls of my feet after 30 min of jogging

Options
I just wanted to ask if anyone else has experienced intense burning on the balls of their feet after walking/jogging/running for a period of time and what they did about it.

At this point I am using moleskin, but have found that it has only semi-relieved the pain.

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    like muscle burning or skin burning?
  • michael300891
    Options
    It is probably one of two things:

If your not used to jogging and especially if your socks are thin it could be irritation (like a blister but without formation due to hard surface of heel) and inflammation - try wearing a variety of socks (I prefer thicker) and see if that helps.

Alternatively it could simply be that you are landing to forcefully on the ground as you run. This is more likely if you run only on tarmac. Try running without music and focus on how much noise you are making as you run. Try and minimise this noise - youll find yourself sort of bouncing your legs as you run at first until you get used to it.

Hope this helps.

Mike.
  • addykins1
    addykins1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I get this, but then realised that my running shoes had stretched out from use the friction from my foot moving around in my shoe was causing the burning and HUGE blisters
  • sneakapeek3
    sneakapeek3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The burning sensation is only skin deep. I was just informed by a trainer that I need to go up a half size in my running shoe to help with the swelling that occurs from jogging/running for long periods of time. Yes, I do think I need to change the kind of socks I'm wearing, too.

I will keep in mind all of your suggestions. Thank you!!