30 Day Shred - Help

Options
Hi all,

I'm on Level 1 Day 5 of the 30 Day Shred, and I find that my muscles don't hurt any more following the workout and the next day. Should I keep going until day 10 and move on or just move on to level 2 now??

Thanks.

Replies

• shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Are you doing the advanced versions of all the exercises? If you are then just go up to the next level, if not go to advanced and see how that goes
  • betaleonis
    betaleonis Posts: 178
    Options
    I did about seven days of level 1 and moved up two days ago - level 2 is def harder but very enjoyable.. I suppose it depends on what you would like to do, but def do 30 days of whatever you choose:)
  • gail2207
    gail2207 Posts: 133
    Options
    Are you doing the advanced versions of all the exercises? If you are then just go up to the next level, if not go to advanced and see how that goes

I'm sort of doing a range, some of them I find easy to keep my form like lunges so I do advanced, but for ALL the abs I do basic because I somehow cannot do the moves. I never feel any pain in my abs the next day so I know it's not working and i'm not doing it right, but I just don't have the power in my abs to do them, and it hurts my back. But for cardio and most of the strength i'm on advanced.

Thanks for your advice.
  • SanDFit
    SanDFit Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Even I found it much easier by L1D5. But I didnt move onto the next level till I had completed my 10 days. It was the same with L1&2 but I'm on D7L3 and it is still very hard. I'm trying to do the advanced version though.
  • gail2207
    Options
    I did about seven days of level 1 and moved up two days ago - level 2 is def harder but very enjoyable.. I suppose it depends on what you would like to do, but def do 30 days of whatever you choose:)

Ok, i'm going to try a couple more days maybe and see! Do you find it gets harder again if you take a day off? I've done the last 3 days consecutively...
  • gail2207
    Options
    Even I found it much easier by L1D5. But I didnt move onto the next level till I had completed my 10 days. It was the same with L1&2 but I'm on D7L3 and it is still very hard. I'm trying to do the advanced version though.

Thanks! I'll keep with it, even if it's just to improve my form and perfect the exercises until level 2 :)
  • betaleonis
    betaleonis Posts: 178
    Options
    Well I haven't taken a day of yet, and that was really tough during TOTM -- but I just made myself do it. Felt better after:)
  • starrmom3
    starrmom3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 of level 3 and like you I didn't feel that level one abs were doing much. I did 10 days of lvl 1 and 2 and I think that while some of it didn't feel like it was doing anything, I think that it was all in preparation for level 3! JM works you up to a very FULL body workout in level 3 and I can feel much more on the abs.

Make sure that your breathe OUT each time you squeeze the abs and concentrate on pushing your belly button into the ground. That should help with your back hurting.
  • shmunster
    Options
    I didnt really feel it was working my abs that much in level 1 either
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    If you're struggling with your abs on level 1.. Finish it first before moving on. Level 2 is tough and incorporates alot of ab work. I eventually quit level two cause it was too hard.. in hindsight.. I should've dropped back down to level 1 to increase my strength a bit.. and moved back up. I'd say stick it our for at least 10 days - there's a reason JM set it up this way..

GOOD LUCK..
  • MissSpuggz
    MissSpuggz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Not feeling pain in your muscles doesn't mean it's not working. I haven't had pain the day after for the past week but that's the time I've seen the most change. The more your muscles develop, the less they'll hurt after a workout. Especially if you're taking in enough water and protein as well as plenty of sleep as they'll recover overnight.
  • RedVelvetCurls
    RedVelvetCurls Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    This happened to me. Stay with it until day 8 then move on. Trust me, level 2 will make you hurt all over again. I'm on day 3, level 2, and I feel like a pansy. :P
  • Arrica
    Arrica Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I did L1D9 yesterday and for the last couple of days I kinda felt like I wasn't getting as hard of a workout as I could so I have done 1 and 2 back to back. My form is not perfect and I struggle a lot with balance (some of that balance issue is due from a health prob a few years ago) but I feel like I am getting more out of it this way. My plan is to do 1 and 2 back to back for 5 days then 8 days of just 2 then 5 days of 2 and 3 back to back then another 8 days of level 3. I have yet to skip a day because I don't want to deal with that awful pain I had those first few days. I don't know how this will work for me but so far it seems to be going well. I think what I like is getting used to the new set of exercises while my muscles are warmed up which I think is keeping me from getting sore again??
  • DeenieWeenie
    DeenieWeenie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Over all you must work harder. lol I'm on day 3 level 2 and... I still do level 1! ;) I plan on doing all 3 in one day. I know, I'm crazy, but I only burn around 155 calories for each level. (I use a hrm) I have zero endurance to use my treadmill or elliptical, after doing the 30 day shred. :laugh: I'd say stick with level 1 man.. The 2nd level does a lot of planks and don't skip out on the push ups! You will need that strength to hold yourself up while twisting around! :wink:
  • shmunster
    Options
    Haha deenie, you are mental! But I like it!
  • gail2207
    Options
    Thanks for all your advice. I'm sticking with Level 1, building my core strength and when 10 days is up i'll move on to level 2. Got my first 5k run tomorrow too! :)
  • avafrisbee
    avafrisbee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I did lvl 1 day 7 today. It is much, much easier compared to days 1-3, but I sweated more. Not sure if it's because I am working harder or what. Actually I made a post this morning wondering why if I find the work out easier, why I am sweating more. Anyway, I am going to stick with it the full 10 days then move up.
  • DeenieWeenie
    DeenieWeenie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Another thought...If it's easier, your not going low enough! :wink: I found that I need breaks, I got very hostile towards the tv! LOL around day 8 level 1, until day 10! I took a day off and I wasn't sore at all! In fact... I had MORE endurance!!!! I do both levels and will be doing all 3 in the end! I feel awesome and strong! I love level 2 better then level 1.:drinker: