Insanity, P90x, TurboFire?

Options
2»

Replies

• cburn_317
    cburn_317 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It depends on your goals and preference to a particular type of workout.

Insanity is lots of cardio and body weight resistance.

P90X is lots of weight/band/body resistance training with cardio, yoga and kempo

TurboFire is, as someone else already suggested, a HIT program.

I have been a huge fan of P90X myself, dabbled in Insanity, but too much cardio for my preference. Never tried TurboFire personally, but know several that have and all enjoy it's fast paced style of routines.

I you are looking for an accountability partner, feel free to hit me up and I'd glad to plug you into a group that is already going through the program and provide positive feedback and support.
  • INSANITY43
    INSANITY43 Posts: 142
    Options
    My 18 year old daughter talked me into INSANITY about this time last year. I had been working out with only Leslie Sansone up to that point. Insanity helped me tone....lost quite a few inches, not too many lbs...but my endurance went through the roof. We only missed one day out of the 60 day challenge which was also an incredible NSV for me. I do love INSANITY but at nearing 45 some of the jumping seems a little rough on me plus my daughter took our program to college with her. I replaced it with TURBOFIRE .....love LOVE it once I got the moves down! It's like a dance party! I wear my Polar FT7 and never burn less than 100 calories every 10 minutes....the workouts are anywhere from 20 - 60 minutes. I have not completed TURBOFIRE as a program...but pick a workout that fits my schedule for the day....my weight has plateaued for a couple months the whole up & down the same two lbs.....I added Jillian Michaels 30 day shred (currently on Level 2 and about 20 days in) and the scales are beginning to move! Don't know much about P90X except that when my daughter and I picked INSANITY we were picking btw that and INSANITY and we thought it looked like you needed extra equipment. TURBOFIRE does include a tone/strength dvd and comes with resistance bands which is a nice workout too.
  • Milly406
    Milly406 Posts: 39
    Options
    I went with TurboFire and just purchased it! Thanks for the help!
  • uniqute1888
    uniqute1888 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    After reading this I might have to try turbo fire! But I live by insanity... Unfortunately my knee doesn't agree- so I am starting a hybrid w p90x on Monday .... I love beach body videos even tried brazil butt lift and yes it works! If your not burning calories from the workout - you will be burning them from laughing and enjoying the adorable Brazilian Host!

Good luck w your workouts!
  • Andrealeah32
    Options
    My vote is for Insanity -- especially if you are looking for cardio! I just started it yesterday. IT IS INSANE but boy do you move your butt!!!
  • Milly406
    Options
    After reading this I might have to try turbo fire! But I live by insanity... Unfortunately my knee doesn't agree- so I am starting a hybrid w p90x on Monday .... I love beach body videos even tried brazil butt lift and yes it works! If your not burning calories from the workout - you will be burning them from laughing and enjoying the adorable Brazilian Host!

What's the brazillian butt lift one? How long is it? Someone else mentioned it, too....
  • CMomma23
    CMomma23 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you are into. I've done them all, (currently Insanity) P90x is good if you like weight lifting. Insanity is good for High Intensity Cardio drills. Turbofire is good for dance kickboxing. Personally, I prefer TurboFire. However, they ALL work great! Best of luck to you! Feel free to add me!
  • Makethefatcry12
    Makethefatcry12 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I did TurboFire and had GREAT results! I love that workout! I am obsessed. But I decided to change it up a little and I will start Insanity Monday. I have heard so many great things about it. I'm excited to try!
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    What are you goals?
  • Milly406
    Options
    I ended up purchasing TurboFire. I am pretty toned for the most part but would like toning incorporated. For the most part I want to drop weight...
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I am pretty toned already and have muscle from doing sports my whole life so I am looking for more of a cardio video with some toning because I'm looking to drop pounds. It seems P90x isn't the one for me...

Doing P90X correctly you can drop weight.

I lost 30 pounds and easily keep it off doing P90X.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options

What's the brazillian butt lift one? How long is it? Someone else mentioned it, too....

I LOVE BBL(Brazilian Butt Lift). It is a 30 (or 60 I think if you buy the deluxe dvds) day program. It has a lot of lower body workout but you also get an all around body work.

There are 3 DVDs with 6 routines in each. It did wonders for my behind that I will be proud to be prancing around in a tiny bikini in my upcoming cruise. There a tons of squats, a cardio DVD that is OK and a toning DVD that combines cardio with dumbells. The ab workout is one of my faves too and I use this instead of Ab Ripper from P90X (on days I am short on time I use Abs 10 from TF).

Sorry about the rambling but I just love BBL and it is my go to videos when I want a quick toning of my legs and tummy.
  • Stepmom1
    Stepmom1 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on your goals.

P90X Classic to put on muscles and lean out

P90X Lean to loose weight and tone up

Turbo Fire to tone up and loose weight

Insanity is not meant to be a long term workout because of its intensity. It requires you to be a certain level of fitness. Its mainly to tighten core, endurance, and loss of weight

I've done them all except for Turbo Fire
  • rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Insanity changed my life...I LOVE it. Best cardio you will ever get
  • andthenwhat
    andthenwhat Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOVE TurboFire! It goes by FAST and the burn is incredible, you just have to be willing to push yourself. P90X is more focused on strength and muscle building while TurboFire and Insanity seem to be cardio focused.
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i am planning on buying brazil butt lift in the next couple weeks. i am doing a hybrid p90x/ turbo fire, i'm on week 3 of the hybrid, but week 7 of p90x and week 5 of turbo fire. turbo fire is a 16-20 week program if you follow the schedule.

so, my plan is to finish up p90x ( 6 more weeks) and then do turbo fire with brazil butt lift for the remaining 5-9 weeks :-)

i LOVE the after pics of the women who have done it. they have such nice, lifted, tight tushies!!! and awesome thighs too :-)
  • azngirl02
    Options
    Hey guys! I dropped 25 with Insanity and looking to drop the last 13 or so with TurboFire. Will be starting it Monday....I'm a little scared of the learning curve of the TurboFire moves though...Guess I gotta fake it till I make it!
  • Alarep71
    Alarep71 Posts: 8
    Options
    I LOVE TurboFire. I am in week 7 and have dropped about 20lbs so far. The choreography is fun and Chalene is AWESOME at keeping you moving... YOU'RE NOT TIRED!!
  • mangojh2
    mangojh2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you went with Turbofire. I started the prep schedule because I was not in shape at all and that's 10 weeks, then actual Turbofire is 20 weeks.

I've always hated any form of exercise but I have to admit I can't wait to do Turbofire everyday! It's always different each day and Chalene is so motivating.

I couldn't finish 30 day shred because it was so boring and repetitive... And nothing about Jillian is fun. Chalene is super fun and upbeat. You made a wise choice.
  • cdl8
    cdl8 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I've completed Insanity and TF. I'm currently in week 5 of P90X. If you want fun, I'd go with TF. I got great results with Insanity and it's awesome cardio. As for P90X I love to hate it. I'm getting results, but some of the moves are tough!! I'm always up for a challenge!