not lost weight

Options
2»

Replies

• jennmarv2002
    Options
    I'm in the same boat...I have been under my cal goal everyday and i have been doing the 30ds not 1 lb lost. however, i have lost 8 inches total but i really need to see it on the scale. try taking your measurments it does help in the motivation dept.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    a week :huh: To early to get frustrated after a week unfortunately! Keep at it and be honest...this works :drinker:
  • redvelvet_cake
    Options
    I put on half a pound since I started last week!? I don't have much to lose so I guess it will come off slowly, but also I find the less I eat the less I err.. go to the bathroom, so perhaps it's that too lol. I'll stick at it though, because I feel slightly less flabby!
  • pomjt
    pomjt Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I know the items i eat now are not good but each time i have tried to lose weight and just cut them out its becomes to much of a shock to my body and was advised by the doctor to cut it all out gradually and i know it still looks like i eat a lot of rubbish and the wrong things but compared to last week its a hugh difference ...
    i will but cutting it all out in stages and need to do a clean sweep shop next week
  • davidandrewwillis
    Options
    I know the items i eat now are not good but each time i have tried to lose weight and just cut them out its becomes to much of a shock to my body and was advised by the doctor to cut it all out gradually and i know it still looks like i eat a lot of rubbish and the wrong things but compared to last week its a hugh difference ...
    i will but cutting it all out in stages and need to do a clean sweep shop next week

Good go - and that's the other plus side to drinking water. More often than not when folks think we are hungry we are actually thirsty. Something I started doing at first was every time I started getting hungry or grabbing for food, I drank a glass of water and gave it 15 minutes first. More often than not, I didn't particularly feel hungry anymore. Also, making sure you drink plenty while you eat. You end up getting much fuller much faster.

Darn you and making me want to post more of my personal story on my profile! LOL
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    First for all that said to watch your fat intake.... Fat is actually very healthy for you (except transfats which your body can't process and store as fats), so there is no need to watch it. Also, when you tend to do low fat/fat free substitutes, they tend to be higher in sugar and don't really provide any nutritional improves over their full fat companions. In fact, all the substitutes are highly process which also means it loaded with sodium. Now for carbs; unless you have an intolerance (those with PCOS or allergies) there is no need to stay away from carbs. Now, i do always recommend to each it in moderation due to the amount of glycogen stored due to carbs. This is one reason why I suggest a starting point for macro nutrition of 40% carbs, 40% protein and 20% fat. But even so a better approach is 1g of protein per lean muscle mass (or about 70-80% of your total weight in protein), .35g of fat per lb of weight and the rest in carbs. But either way, unless you are getting very close to your goal, macronutrition isn't as important as calories in and out.

Now, I know with a lot of new people, they believe this 1200 calorie rule is the best option. What a lot of people seem to forget is under eating can be just as bad as over eating. And when I look at a diary and see goals of 1800 calories based on exercise and only see an intake of 1100, it can cause your body to freak out and hold onto calories. Also, many people tend to over extend themselves when it comes to weight loss. For example, those who only have 20 lbs to lose but aim for 2 lbs per week. Well sorry, a body can't do that, but below is a good guideline of how you should set up your account. Also, keep in mind that MFP already includes a deficit in the TDEE calculation and you should aim to eat 50-75% of your exercise calories, especially the closer your goal. As you approach your goal, your body will fight harder to maintain it's fuel source (fat stores) and until you feed them properly, will it not let go of the fear.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.

Next exercise? What do you do for exercise? Do you do any strength training? If not, you should start and start lifting heavy and don't worry women can't bulk. They only get smaller and tighter (see below two links for proof).

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/392784-skinny-fat-vs-fit-photo?hl=skinny+fat&page=2#posts-5441852

http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Your body is adjusting right now. It might be in shock...going wtf? LOL Give it another week or so....
    It didnt take one week to put on the weight and it won't take one week to take it off! :)

I have been doing this for about 6-7 weeks now and I have lost 7lbs total. In the beginning I didn't lose...but then the 2nd and 3rd week is when I began to really notice the change.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Get a food scale to make sure you are not Over Estimating portion size.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your portions? Unless you are you have no idea whether you are eating within your calorie goal or not. Guestimating is not enough. That said, drink more water, it really helps to flush things through & give it another couple of weeks. Stay away from the scale for at least another week. Good luck
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    OP it is what you are eating not the calorie amounts that is the problem. Lots of bread and sweets, chocolate and cakes - this makes for high carbs that are empty calories, with little or no protein incorporated into your meals.

Forgive me for the following:

Tuesday under snacks = Wispa Gold, a Flake, a Drifter bar washed down with a diet coke - total equals 665 calories. That 665 calories would have been far better spent on a proper meal rather than the only meal you really had that day of beans on toast.

Many of your other days include junk.

You need to completely rethink your eating habits and then the weight will most likely start to decrease.
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    You just have to believe that if you are eating right and exercising that eventually it'll pay off either in pounds or inches. To me I'd rather have inches falling off.

Take your measurements if you haven't done so already. Also maybe some 'before' pics so you can see your progress that way as well.
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling! I've dramatically changed how I eat and am exercising at least 30 minutes intensely every day and I noticed no weight difference. Once I measured myself though I noticed I've lost 5". Much more important than weight los! Especially if you are exercising you will be gaining muscle.

I've taken a look at your food diary, and you really need to start eating more fruits and veggies, and proper meals. Like DecemberChild says, those 665 calories could be far better used to have a good meal.
  • dadeys1
    dadeys1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    One of the things I noticed in your diary was Kellogg's Coco Pops = 3 calories. This doesn't look right to me. The Kellogg's UK website has 387 kcal per 100g. I think that should be 387 CALORIES per 100g (which makes more sense). The cereals I eat are based on 3/4 cup (about 30g) serving and range from 110-130 depending on the cereal. Add a 1/2 cup skim milk (about 45 cal) and you should be in the 155-175 calorie range. That's a lot different than 3 cal. I've confirmed this info on 2 different websites: http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/calories-in-food/breakfast-cereals/Kelloggs-Coco-Pops.htm and Livestrong.com so I think it's right. If not, someone please correct me. As others have said, keep the mindset and determination, the changes will happen and they feel great when they do. Hang in there.